Top Paralegal Jobs in 2023
Are you an aspiring paralegal or looking to gain some experience at a law firm before taking the bar? Our job search platform has an entire list of legal firms offering paralegal jobs just for you!
Found 5.315 jobs
$90.000 - $105.000
27 Apr → 27 May
Clifford Chance US LLP has an opening for a Paralegal to support our Real Estate practice group. This position will be located in our New York office.
- Prepare and interpret real estate titles, transfers and financing documents
- Prepare and file UCC Financing Statements
- Organize and prepare legal files
- Review legal periodicals and circulate relevant cases and articles
- Conduct legal research
- Coordinate and support closings and meetings
- Perform other administrative projects and tasks as assigned by the practice group
- 5+ years of related paralegal experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- ABA Approved Paralegal certificate is a plus
- Excellent organizational and client service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize competing demands to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to professionally interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong computer skills and technical proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to work overtime and outside the core business hours as needed
- Must be independently authorized to work in the United States
Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
Alongside world-class legal careers, Clifford Chance offers excellent opportunities in the support functions that underpin its business operations. By joining our Business Professionals team, you will help us to innovate in the way we deliver our services and enable us to run a successful multinational business that never stands still. Business Professionals are integral to the running of the firm and are critical to its success.
Clifford Chance US LLP offers a comprehensive benefits and compensation package.
$41.000 - $75.000
27 Apr → 27 May
The Paralegal-Real Estate will assist and support the real estate legal counsel and other staff members in the Legal Department.
NOTE: This is an in-office opportunity only- hybrid or remote options are not available.
25 Days PTO - Use it, cash it, roll it
- A college degree is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant paralegal experience is preferred
- Must have previous real estate experience working in a corporate department, title company, or law firm
- Proficient skill level with Microsoft Applicants is required
- Paralegal Certificate preferred
- Conduct title/survey review and handle curative matters
- Prepare initial drafts of documents, including title objection letters, deeds, restrictive covenants, easement agreements, and construction contracts at the direction of attorneys
- Copy documents and prepare binders for attorneys
- Utilize software to obtain signatures on electronic documents
- Assist attorneys in closings
- Research legal matters
- Return phone calls and emails on behalf of the attorneys
- Assist attorneys with collecting background information on property and review due diligence materials provided by sellers
- Setup and preparation of meetings
- Maintain confidentiality
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned
- Employee must be able to perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
$73.000 - $113.000
27 Apr → 27 May
Who We Are:
Lowenstein Sandler is one of the most sophisticated law firms in the United States, with over 375 lawyers and 300 business services professionals serving clients from offices in New York, Palo Alto, New Jersey, Utah, and Washington, D.C. We recruit candidates who seek a collaborative, entrepreneurial culture that prioritizes our clients, our colleagues, and the communities where we work and live. Committed to career development and to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, the firm offers many programs and opportunities for personal and professional growth. We seek professionals for our business services group who share these values.
Paralegal experience, specifically, Anti-money Laundering experience in a law firm or bank environment
What You Will Do:
This position will sit in our Roseland, NJ or New York, NY offices and currently offers a hybrid work opportunity. Working with Investment Management attorneys and Group Administrator, provide assistance on:
Essential Job Requirements:
- Preparing AML, tax, credit, and other compliance certifications
- Assistance with ongoing compliance and onboarding projects
- Assist with maintenance of Client databases and other tasks.
- Cursory review of agreements based on team’s needs; heavy contact with assigned attorneys; immediate and heavy client contact; attention to detail and responsiveness is imperative.
- Related matters including with billing summaries, reconciliations and discrepancies.
- Assist with maintenance of multiple trackers/checklists; client contact required.
- Prepare and issue form documents to various counterparties and follow up for execution (seek attorney assistance as needed). Direct contact with clients and attorneys needed.
- Must be able to work well various people in different departments and think proactively.
- Must be able to multi-task, work well under pressure, balance priorities.
- Able and willing to work overtime as needed, and on short notice, is essential.
- Work with the various client offices on multiple transactions and follow up.
- Work with Clients to address outstanding matters.
- Maintain and manage workflow assignments; work closely with attorney re: same.
- Assist attorneys with inquires and data searches.
- Provide general administrative support to AML team members and specific clients as needed.
- Other projects as assigned by the AML team leader.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college is preferred;
- A minimum of 2 years of paralegal experience in Corporate law or banking is a plus;
- Paralegal certification from an ABA-approved program is a plus;
- Ability to work independently and work well with others;
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail are critical;
- A desire to learn and adapt as needed;
- Ability to exhibit flexibility and work in a fast paced environment is critical;
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects with simultaneously;
- Ability to work under intense pressure is critical and essential.
Office Location: Roseland, NJ or New York, NY
Schedule: Full-time, Monday – Friday, Overtime will be required; 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
The expected salary range for candidates meeting the requirements of this position is $65,000 to $75,000. The range provided is the salary that Lowenstein Sandler in good faith believes at the time of this posting that it is willing to pay for the advertised position. Exact compensation will be determined based on individual candidate qualifications and location. Our benefits package includes coverage options for medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, life insurance, disability, FSAs, 401K, and paid time off.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required by employee.
Lowenstein Sandler LLP is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms are to be deemed the sole property of Lowenstein Sandler LLP, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Lowenstein Sandler LLP as a result of the referral.
Lowenstein Sandler LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
27 Apr → 27 May
Legal Scale is looking for a talented corporate paralegal to join our team. This will require previous experience with corporate law firms, excellent project management skills, strong document management focus and the ability to collaborate across a team.
Legal Scale is a corporate law firm, focused on private transactions. We represent both funders and founders on a variety of venture debt, venture equity and general corporate transactions. We also assist our clients with corporate governance. We're a small, cohesive team, and are a rapidly growing organization.
- A Paralegal certificate and/or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 3+ years of relevant corporate paralegal experience with a law firm and/or in-house
- Registered notary public, or willingness to obtain notary license (including for remote online notarization)
- Action and results-oriented, with the ability to demonstrate good judgment in a fast-paced, high-growth, dynamic environment
- Familiarity with US securities filings, including Form ID, Form D and state Blue Sky filings
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Highest level of accuracy, superb attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of individuals at all organizational levels
- A high degree of proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, Clio (time-keeping software), Net Documents, Adobe PDF, DocuSign and Litera Workshare Compare
- A positive attitude, collaborative mindset and a desire to be part of a strong, supportive team
- High degree of responsiveness and quick turnaround
- Ability to manage heavy email flow
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and file Trademark or Copyright assignment agreements with the USPTO
- Prepare and file UCC financing statements
- Prepare first drafts of various documents, such as resolutions, written consents, LLC agreements, bylaws and other corporate governance documents
- Forming LLCs and corporations, obtaining EINs and other formation tasks
- Day-to-day responsibilities for performance of general paralegal duties and office administration
- Preparation and distribution of invoices to clients, and management of accounts receivable
- Assist partners with firm management tasks and client onboarding
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $72,500.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No travel
We're totally remote!
- Do you have any experience working with legal documents, especially contracts and other corporate documents? Examples include NDAs, resolutions, LLC agreements, bylaws.
- Have you ever formed a company or obtained an EIN for a company?
- Are you familiar with DocuSign? Do you know how to generate DocuSign envelopes?
- Have you ever drafted or filed any UCC financing statements?
- Have you ever drafted or filed any Trademark Assignment Agreements, Trademark Security Agreements, Copyright Assignment Agreements or Copyright Security Agreements?
- Have you ever filed any SEC filings (such as a Form ID, Form D or state Blue Sky filings)?
- Are you familiar with NetDocuments (or other document management systems)? Are you familiar with Clio (or other time keeping software)?
- What is your experience with invoicing clients? Can you generate invoices and log payments? Do you have any experience with generating invoices and keeping track of accounts receivable?
- Are you tech savvy?
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 4 years (Required)
- Law firm: 1 year (Required)
- Paralegal Certificate (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
$79.000 - $109.000
27 Apr → 27 May
Under the supervision of Sr. Counsel/Counsel, manage a high volume of contracting complexities requiring strategic thinking, problem solving, communication, and prioritization skills
Partner cross-functionally to support the development of contracting approaches for evolving business strategies
Develop contract templates based on evolving business needs and customer contracting strategies
Evaluate current contracts to determine risks and necessary revisions resulting from changes in policy, strategy, legal guidance, new products, and divestitures
Ensure contract terms and conditions are compliant with applicable laws and regulations as well as accurately reflect BeiGene intent and strategy
Resolve disputes with customers over specific terms and conditions
Quantify potential financial impact of disputes and escalate for review as appropriate
Ensure team is meeting all SOP and legal/compliance requirements
Participate in special projects and successfully drive change with the organization as needed.
Work with other members of the NA Franchise Legal team or, as appropriate, as an individual contributor to support business objectives and ensure compliant pull-through.
In-house pharmaceutical experience
Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication with a proven track record of building relationships and interacting with senior leaders and external customers.
Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills across cross functional teams in a highly matrixed role – significant partnership required with extended stakeholders across the various NA Franchise businesses
Experience with customer negotiations, influencing, problem-solving and facilitation skills
Understand of contracting challenges with ability to develop effective resolutions
Capable of working in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
Effective presentation skills
Salary Range: $79,300.00 - $109,300.00 annually
$60.000 - $91.000
27 Apr → 27 May
The Corporate Paralegal will work closely with the Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions, Capital Markets, and other Corporate associates. The individual will also have, or will quickly develop, the foresight to anticipate and respond to the needs of the attorneys, the clients and/or the transaction as necessary.
- Assist with transaction closings; maintain files and checklists, compile closing documents, and create closing sets
- Draft and file UCC financing statements and amendments
- Coordinate state filings and requests for good standings and certified copies
- Conduct due diligence investigations, on-line research of legal and non-legal data
- Maintain correspondence with clients
- Liase with outside service providers and responsible for related billing
- Maintain and organize documents in virtual data rooms (VDRs)
- Draft and file entity formations, amendments, qualifications and dissolutions in various jurisdictions; complete and file annual state tax forms
- Proofread documents, including definitions and cross-reference checks
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 0-1 years of experience
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, self-motivated, flexible, resourceful
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Decisive, maturity of judgment
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong proofreading ability
- Ability to communicate professionally with partners, associates, and clients
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to conduct and organize basic research
- Must be willing and interested in working overtime hours, including nights and weekends on short notice
08 Apr → 08 May
What We're Looking For
Do you have one of these desired skills, licenses or certifications?
This position is perfect for you if you have:
A flexible schedule — this position requires a minimum of 4 hours of remote availability per week.
Know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? Send them this referral link!
What You'll Do
Would you like a long-term freelance partnership?
As an experienced professional in your field, you’ll get to review a variety of interesting content projects to verify industry accuracy. You will:
The legal system can take decoding — and the best attorneys navigate, translate, communicate, and advocate the law on behalf of their clients. Because official legal guidance can only come from an attorney formally engaged as legal representation, the content you’ll review will educate people and connect them to the right representation in a time of need.
This position is fully remote! Work from anywhere as long as you have a great internet connection and a comfortable workspace.
How much time can you commit per week? We're looking for someone who can confidently commit at least ~4 hours per week — and if our client demand expands, increase to as much as ~15 hours per week.
What You'll Get
Longevity: We love working with committed team members! Current team members in this position have been in the role for over 10 years.
08 Apr → 08 May
We are looking for a fully remote experienced corporate paralegal with strong writing and organizational skills. Ideal candidate must have at least 5 years of recent corporate experience to include handling corporate governance and non-profit matters, SEC and securities matters, preparing and filing various forms,contract review and drafting, drafting routine correspondence and corporate documents, research, etc. and know how to bill their time. Experience in other practice areas is also highly preferred.
Ideal candidate must be who are tech savvy and able to pick up new software quickly. Candidates must also be able to jump in and take ownership of matters right away and be extremely responsive. This position has approximately 30 billable hours per week to start. We are open to candidates nationwide, but must have some availability to work during normal business hours and respond to client requests/inquiries within the same day. If you are only looking for evening/weekend hours, please do not apply.
Must be dependable, a self-starter, organized, and able to jump in right away to work on projects. We also need paralegals who know how to handle multiple projects and personalities at once. While we can train on systems and software, we do not have time to train on corporate law basics. Great opportunity to work with interesting clients and a strong, close-knit paralegal team. Resume and references are required.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Corporate Law: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote
08 Apr → 08 May
Please do not apply if you have not written personal injury settlement demands... We do NOT train.
We are a paralegal services company working solely with personal injury attorneys. We are seeking an experienced, motivated, and articulate paralegal to assist with drafting demand letters with our increasing volume of clients.
Must have personal injury experience, including drafting of demand letters, superior writing skills, and Microsoft 365.
This position is paid at $100.00 per demand written on a 1099 contract basis. Most demands are soft tissue and take 1-2 hours. For the right person we can provide as many as 20 demands per week. You can do as little or as many as you'd like. Also this opportunity would be great for someone who already has a job and they want to suppplement their income.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $50.00 - $100.00 per hour
- Choose your own hours
- No travel
- Personal injury law: 1 year (Required)
- Settlement demand writing: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: Remote
$64.562 - $103.562
08 Apr → 08 May
The Portland Community College Paralegal program has provided students with the fundamental skills and training necessary for success in the legal field since 1973. Our program provides a balance of legal background and hands-on practical skills through training from lawyers and paralegals practicing in the fields in which they teach. PCC’s Paralegal AAS and post-degree certificate have been approved by the American Bar Association (ABA) since 2010. We are looking for a dynamic and innovative professional to join our team that is committed to equitable practices and a student-centered pedagogy.
As part of this application you will be required to respond to the application question below, and to upload your response as an attachment. You will also be required to upload a copy of your unofficial transcript.
In what ways do your lived experiences prepare you for culturally-responsive teaching?
See the classification description for additional information: https://www.pcc.edu/instructor-qualifications/la/
These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
In your application material, please clearly address your experience with the following Success Criteria, as well as the Instructor Qualifications.
- A seasoned legal professional with a breadth of exposure to a variety of legal practice topics, types, and environments that is reflected in the professional's adeptness in the primary skills of lawyering: effective communication with a wide variety of people; simultaneous focus on overall goals and essential details; and the ability to integrate new information into existing and reimagined frameworks to successfully execute complex campaigns and strategies aimed at achieving specific goals on behalf of others. The incumbents will exhibit expertise in topics covered in, and be qualified to teach all courses in the Paralegal required course curriculum. Particular experience or expertise in Oregon and Washington Family Law and Landlord Tenant Law would be beneficial.
- An inspiring educator with the ability to convey complex concepts in a variety of modes of learning to meaningfully engage learners with differing styles, prior education and experience, and cultural context to co-create safe and effective learning spaces
- An empathetic listener who approaches problems in student-centered, strengths-based, and creative ways to create or highlight connections, synergies and possibilities that enhance learner experience and outcomes, provide access to historically marginalized people and communities, and enable equitable student success
- An experienced team-player with an understanding of the practical role of the paralegal on the legal team and a willingness to contribute to the successful operation of the Paralegal program through participation in college service, department-specific administrative matters, and service to the Paralegal Subject Area Committee, the body of faculty who oversee the curriculum
- Experienced working with and advocating for students or clients from a wide variety of backgrounds, using a culturally responsive and trauma-informed approach
- Experienced developing and implementing strategies associated with recruitment and retention of targeted student populations
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
- JD or PH.D in law and two years work experience in law or related field
- BA or BS and four years work experience in law or related field
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs.
PCC currently funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. A portion of the 6% will be diverted to The Employee Pension Stability Account as mandated by Senate Bill 1049. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for courses offered at PCC for yourself, domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age; plus partial tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
- Please note: Temporary Full-Time Faculty are not eligible for Personal Leave Days, Life Insurance, Long-term Disability, or AD&D Insurance.
- 1 day of sick leave for every 18 days worked (~10 per year)
- 21 hours of additional personal leave per year
- 4 paid holidays (which occur during the term you are teaching)
View a complete list of PCC benefits.