Wanted Law Clerk Jobs in 2023
Are you ready to provide legal support to judges for some of the best law firms in the country? Find aspiring law clerk jobs for you!
Found 4 jobs
12 Feb → 13 Mar
Assists corporate lawyers by conducting legal research or preparing legal documents. May meet with clients or assist lawyers in court and trial related research.
- Performs legal research and analyzes legal questions.
- Interprets and applies legal procedural and evidentiary rules.
- Applies oral and written communication techniques.
- Examines and analyzes existing evidence, facts or data against legal precendents.
- Researches and analyzes law sources to prepare draft memoranda, briefs or arguments for review, approval and use by attorneys.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Posting Information:
- The Law Clerk will support the University of Houston Law Center Clinical Programs and work on projects as assigned by the Assistant Dean of Clinical Programs or the directors of one or more in-house clinics. Projects may be assigned in varied areas of law practiced by the UH Law Center Clinical Programs, including immigration, family, guardianship, probate, landlord/tenant, deceptive trade practices, real property, bankruptcy, and debt-collection, transactional, copyright, trademark, military justice (defense), criminal defense, appellate, and juvenile record sealing. Further information about the UH Law Center Clinical Programs is available at http://www.law.uh.edu/clinic.
- The term of the position is one year.
- A strong candidate will have a J.D. degree.
- Spanish language fluency or competency is preferred.
Bachelors and 1 year experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
- Department willing to accept education in lieu of experience. J.D. or equivalent preferred
- This position may be eligible for Alternative Workplace Arrangements
12 Feb → 13 Mar
Senator Alex Padilla (D-CA) is accepting law clerk applications for the Summer 2024 semester. Applicants must either be currently enrolled in an accredited JD program or have recently received a JD from an accredited program. Demonstrated interest in public service is preferred. Senator Padilla offers law clerkships in his Washington D.C. office. Law Clerks’ responsibilities will include conducting research, drafting memoranda, tracking legislation, preparing for committee hearings, evaluating court decisions and legal trends, and assisting counsel with Senator Padilla’s portfolio on the Judiciary Committee. Law clerks must be able to write quickly and clearly, be flexible in adjusting to changing circumstances and legislative priorities, and be self-starters capable of taking responsibility for complicated, ongoing projects. The office is an equal employment opportunity employer in accordance with the requirements of Senate Rules, regulations and applicable federal laws. The office does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, uniformed service, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other factors.
How To Apply
To apply, please submit, as a single PDF and in the following order, a one-page cover letter, a one-page resume, a three-page writing sample, and a current transcript to [email protected] indicating the job referral number in the subject line. In your cover letter, please note (i) your approximate start date, (ii) your approximate end date, and (iii) your approximate weekly hours. Inquiries may be directed to [email protected]. This is a position based in Washington, DC. Applications for the Summer semester will be considered on a rolling basis until March 1, 2024.
09 Feb → 10 Mar
Greenberg Traurig is accepting application materials from LL.M. candidates for the 2024-2025 International Law Clerk Program (ILCP). Eligible participants must have a law degree from a jurisdiction other than the United States together with a master of laws (LL.M.) from an accredited United States law school. All participants must be fluent in English.
Our multicultural and multilingual international law clerks work closely with members of our Global Practice Group on a broad range of international transactions. The ILCP is designed to provide hands-on, meaningful legal experience in one of our U.S. offices.
The expected annualized base salary for this position is $175,000. Full time employees may be eligible for health insurance with an optional HSA, short term disability, long term disability, dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, 401K, vacation, sick time, and an employee assistance program. Additional voluntary programs include: voluntary accident insurance, voluntary life, voluntary disability, voluntary long term care, voluntary critical illness and cancer insurance and pet insurance. Commuter and Transit programs may also be available in certain markets.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Benefits/What We offer
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
$20 - $39
09 Feb → 10 Mar
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
How will you make an impact in this role?
Role & Responsibilities:
As part of the Global Litigation and Investigations Team (GLIT), this colleague will provide support to the GLIT Program Management Office and his/her duties may include the following:
- Handle daily intake of service of process intake and related inquiries
- Prepare or support the preparation of GLIT reports and related reporting requirements
- Manage various GLIT inboxes, process incoming mail and reroutes
- Manage attorney calendars as required
- Manage and update GLIT colleague data base and perform any associated tasks
- Set up cases in case management system
- Support audit processes
- Manage incoming invoices and process check requests and any perform any follow ups
- Prepare legal correspondence, labels, and any associated tasks as directed
- Conduct research for customer or merchant accounts and retrieve documents as required
- Support quality program, procedure development, reporting and colleague training
- Support legal order process development for new product implementation
- Support all aspects of Program Management Office work as assigned or required
- Associates Degree in Legal Studies or Criminal Justice or a related field preferred
- At least 2+ years as a legal assistant in a litigation in a law firm, corporation or government agency environment
- Experience working with litigation dockets
- Experience and understanding of litigation and/or regulatory processes that permits substantive attorney and paralegal interaction
- Knowledge of legal terminology and ability to apply this knowledge to daily work
- Sense of urgency and ability to discern critical matters
- Computer skills with strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to work independently and as a team player
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail, able to analyze and problem solve
- Able to quickly train on, navigate, and extract information from a variety of databases and information platforms
- Able to work productively in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and responsibilities
- Excellent organization and time management skills
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Salary Range: $20.00 to $38.45 hourly + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected hourly pay range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- 6% Company Match on retirement savings plan
- Free financial coaching and financial well-being support
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- 20+ weeks paid parental leave for all parents, regardless of gender, offered for pregnancy, adoption or surrogacy
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
For a full list of Team Amex benefits, visit our Colleague Benefits Site.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “Know Your Rights” poster and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.