This job post is no longer available
Practice Specialist at Weill Cornell Medicine
Weill Cornell Medicine
26 Apr → 26 May
Title: Practice Specialist
Title: Practice Specialist
Location: Lower East Side
Org Unit: David E Reichman Practice
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $33.48 - $45.11
- As required under NYC Human Rights Law Int 1208-2018 - Salary range for this role when Hired for NYC Offices
- Assists with developing and implementing practice policies to improve operations and patient care activities.
- Develops and implements procedures to collect co-payments or prior patient balances from patients at the time of service.
- Oversees clinical administrative staff by coordinating schedules, work assignments, evaluations and training and development.
- Serves a subject matter expert in the use of the electronic medical record system. Assists providers and clinical staff in navigating records, trouble shooting issues and improving efficiency.
- Performs the orientation and training of new employees in office policies and procedures.
- Manages administrative and clinical calendars for faculty.
- Coordinates travel arrangements, registrations and professional memberships for faculty.
- Ensures that patient forms are updated as needed.
- Ensures that staff training and certification requirements for regulatory compliance are up to date.
- Responsible for procurement activities related to goods, services, and/or equipment as needed.
- Responsible for disbursement/reimbursement activities as needed.
- Troubleshoots patient and staff issues and refers difficult situations to managers. Escalates to the Human Resources Department as needed.
- Maintains inventory of supplies, equipment and/or reagents. May order supplies/equipment/reagents as authorized or ensure that needs are escalated appropriately. Receives supply orders and confirms accuracy of delivery. May assist with cost control.
- Ensures that facilities and equipment are in optimal and proper working condition. Coordinates preventative maintenance and repairs as needed. May perform minor repairs if qualified and as needed. May advise on upgrades for performance enhancements.
- Assists with anticipating and arranging for coverage during vacation/sick/personal leave.
- Oversees the maintenance of exam rooms and patient waiting areas.
- Participates in all day-to-day activities of the office by assisting with patient reception, registration, appointments and other patient care related activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Approximately 3 years prior related experience in an academic medical center
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact with multiple constituencies and exercise "people skills".
- Ability to exercise standards of professionalism, including appearance, presentation and demeanor.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills in person, via email and on the telephone.
Licenses and Certifications
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that's committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side's scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine's powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients - the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Weill Cornell Medicine provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City