This job post is no longer available
HSE Attorney (Attorney - Counsel) at Halliburton
$90.000 - $131.000
26 Apr → 26 May
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
This is an entry level health, safety and environmental (HSE) attorney position responsible for advising the company concerning HSE legal issues related to business activities.
Acts as a company advocate and advisor with respect to legal matters and provides guidance concerning legal rights and obligations, and recommends best practices and courses of action related to health, safety and environmental issues. Researches the intent of laws and judicial decisions and applies them to specific circumstances as applicable to company business. Interacts with vendors, customers, and internal clients of the company and manages outside counsel with the assistance of supervising attorney.
- Must adhere to a strict code of ethics.
- Requires 3+ years experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and competency.
- 2-5 years of in-house, law firm or governmental agency experience preferred
- Experience in environmental (air, water or waste), health or safety law is a plus
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in discipline required combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Completion of a graduate degree in any discipline
- Completion of a doctorate in Law
- Possession of a license to practice law
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available from Attorney to Counsel.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 176279
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Legal
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position: