Legal Administrative Assistant at Procter & Gamble
Procter & Gamble
$64.000 - $88.700
12 Feb → 13 Mar
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
As a member of P&G’s Brand Legal BTA team, you will help manage and maintain the brand equity of some of the world’s most trusted, valuable and recognized brands. P&G maintains a global portfolio of over 100,000 active trademarks, including such leadership brands as TIDE, OLAY, VICKS, METAMUCIL, ORAL-B, PAMPERS, ALWAYS, HEAD & SHOULDERS, HERBAL ESSENCES, GILLETTE, and FEBREZE.
In this role, you will assist with the management and maintenance of a trademark portfolio (currently anticipated to be Fabric & Home Care businesses), as well as providing administrative support to the Cincinnati-based Fabric & Home Care Legal attorneys and legal manager. You will work alongside the rest of the Brand Legal BTA team, sharing knowledge and best practices, and flowing to the work as needed.
Prior trademark or branding experience is desirable, but not required. The ideal candidate will have strong written and oral communication skills, a passion for learning and developing new skills, and will be adept in working with databases and computing systems. Applicants should have demonstrated ability to balance and organize multiple competing priorities and accurately manage significant amounts of data on a timely basis. Success in the role will require an ability to combine technical skills, attention to detail, problem analysis and troubleshooting, practical judgment, and strong collaboration skills. Exceptional candidates will combine the foregoing skills with a comfort exercising judgment in areas of complex, competing priorities.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare and manage formal on-line trademark documents, including filing new United States trademark applications and basic trademark filings on the Trademark Office’s electronic systems; coordinating with business partners to collect information to enable filings.
- Communicate with and/or draft correspondence to outside counsel and foreign law firms regarding filings outside of the United States.
- Conduct research regarding P&G or third-party usage activity and assemble supporting evidence and documentation for trademark filings, as needed.
- Ensure internal intellectual property docketing database is timely and accurately updated.
- Monitor reports provided by outside counsel to identify potentially infringing trademarks, and work with category paralegals and attorneys to recommend enforcement action.
- Assist with trademark and copyright disputes, identifying evidence, preparing documents.
- Collaborate with category trademark coordinator on long term maintenance of the trademark portfolio, including filing renewals of existing trademark registrations.
- Provide research and document gathering support as needed for acquisitions and divestitures.
- Maintain personal awareness of basic trademark and copyright law and practice.
- Maintain expert knowledge of trademark database and legal billing systems, including establishing and managing matters and legal budgets in Tracker system, and coordinating with outside counsel and vendors on payment issues.
- Provide administrative support to Cincinnati-based business unit attorneys, and one legal manager, including assisting with correspondence, filings, travel, expense reports, calendar management, and meeting logistics.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- High school diploma required.
- Strong working knowledge of internal P&G systems, including MS Office, SharePoint, FCM , Concur, Procard, and Coupa.
- Skilled use of internet search engines and other on-line research tools.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and experience collaborating with peers and senior business partners to resolve business needs.
- Keen interest in trademarks and branding.
What we offer:
- Responsibilities as of Day 1 - you will feel the ownership of your work from the beginning, and you will be given specific ownership areas and responsibilities.
- Continuous mentorship - you will work with passionate people and receive formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager. Work and be part of a dynamic and encouraging environment - working over a diverse array of interesting problems.
- Promote agility and work/life effectiveness and your long-term well-being.
- Get a competitive salary and benefits package.
Just So You Know:
All will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Starting Pay / Salary Range: $64,000-$88,700
Compensation for roles at P&G varies depending on a wide array of non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, degree/credentials, relevant skill set, and level of relevant experience. At P&G compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Total rewards at P&G include salary + bonus (if applicable) + benefits. Your recruiter may be able to share more about our total rewards offerings and the specific salary range for the relevant location(s) during the hiring process.
Immigration Sponsorship is not available for this role. For more information regarding who is eligible for hire at P&G along with other work authorization FAQ’s, please click HERE.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Job ScheduleFull time
Job SegmentationRecent Grads/Entry Level (Job Segmentation)
Starting Pay / Salary Range$64,000.00 - $88,700.00 / year