This job post is no longer available
Underwriting Counsel, Environmental Division at Great American Insurance Group (DBA)
Great American Insurance Group (DBA)
$90.000 - $140.000
26 Apr → 26 May
Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group's member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty and property and casualty operations, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
At Great American, we value diversity and recognize the benefits gained when people from different cultures, backgrounds and experiences work collaboratively to achieve business results. We are intentionally focused on fostering an inclusive culture and know valuing diversity is an essential leadership quality. Our goal is to create a workplace where all employees feel included, empowered and enabled to perform at their best.
The Environmental Division of the Great American Insurance Group provides a comprehensive portfolio of environmental insurance products to a broad array of industries. All products can be customized to address the specific risks and exposures of the client.
We are open to candidates located in PA, OH, NY, NJ, KY, and MA.
- Provides advice and guidance to underwriters on a diverse range of legal issues.
- Conducts the review and assessment of various contracts and agreements that affect offered coverages.
- Drafts endorsements and policy language.
- Advises management on legal matters in order to guard the organization against legal liability.
- Participates in underwriting process by attending daily collaboration meetings.
- Analyzes proposed and existing regulatory and legislative changes and determines / communicates impact of changes to the company.
- Assist in the generation and administration of various internal reports.
- Maintains currency and demonstrates competency in professional fields.
- JD from an accredited law school and active license to practice law.
- 3-5 years of experience at a law firm performing insurance coverage work or in an insurance carrier’s legal or claims department.
- Environmental law experience is a plus.
- Must be able to work independently and must be familiar with basic underwriting and claims concepts, practices and procedures.
- Excellent math and computer skills is a must (Access, Excel).
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement, and paid time off benefits.
To apply to this job, click Easy Apply