This job post is no longer available
Program Manager at Venable LLP
$149.000 - $200.000
26 Apr → 26 May
- Oversee the end-to-end management of multiple internal and external projects, ensuring that all projects are being delivered in an effective and timely manner, and identifying and mitigating potential delivery risks.
- Manage ad-hoc projects and efforts as they arise, including developing project plans and identifying financial and human resource needs.
- Utilize and deploy technologies and methodologies to track multiple projects.
- Develop performance mechanism systems, including KPIs, to measure and evaluate the efficacy of both internal initiatives and client-facing projects. Build dashboards to systematically track and visualize KPIs.
- Serve as the first line of response for vetting external inquiries related to service offerings.
- Lead work planning meetings and workshops to develop strategic roadmaps.
- Determine areas of operational need or improvement and implement plans to solve for the identified gaps.
- Coordinate the implementation of key projects, including a robust onboarding pathway for new staff and training programs.
- Deploy surveys, interviews, and other methodologies to assess team culture and needs.
- Evaluate team resourcing needs to enable recruitment efforts, including developing job descriptions, assessing candidates, and onboarding new staff.
- Manage business relationships with key client partners to build awareness and insight into each account and project. Proactively assess changes in priorities or needs.
- Develop documentation that enables better knowledge of the client, including client contact lists, org charts, and client profiles.
- Oversee team responses to RFPs and potential client proposals. Partner with Business Development and Practice Management teams throughout.
- Partner with Marketing and Business Development to identify and develop internal and external-facing materials that highlight the team’s expertise, such as case studies, white papers, and presentations, in a consistent and brand-aligned manner.
- Partner with Business Development to determine avenues, such as speaking engagements, conferences, and forums, for the group’s senior leaders and analysts to speak at or attend.
- B.A. or B.S. in public policy, business, international affairs, political science, privacy, or related areas; Master’s degree or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certificate preferred.
- A minimum of five -seven years of work experience in program management and developing strategic plans and operating models. Prior progressive experience in business operations, including experience managing teams of people.
- Experience with a top-tier consulting firm and technology clients preferred.
- Strong executive presence and the ability to lead, manage, or coordinate cross-functional teams across numerous stakeholders at any given time, including human resources, marketing, and external clients.
- Comfort with working in ambiguity and an ability to logically structure issues and develop solutions.
- Excellent project management skills, and effective written and verbal communication skills for both VP-level stakeholders as well as mid-level stakeholders.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite of products (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides), and visualization tools (such as Power BI, Lucid Charts, Canva).
- Work is mainly sedentary.
We comply with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Conviction of a crime will not necessarily be a bar to employment at the Firm. Factors such as age at the time of the offense, type of the offense, seriousness of the offense, remoteness of the offense in time, position applied for, rehabilitation, overall record, and other relevant factors will be taken into account in determining effect on suitability for employment.
Pay Range for Candidates in Los Angeles:
$149,000- $200,000 per year
Pay Range for Candidates in San Francisco & Seattle:
$155,000- $205,000 per year
The ranges provided are the minimum and maximum salaries that Venable in good faith believes at the time of this posting that it is willing to pay for the advertised position. Exact compensation will be determined based on individual candidate qualifications and location.