This job post is no longer available
Tax Counsel at ExxonMobil
$130.000 - $202.000
27 Apr → 27 May
At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
About Houston (Spring)
ExxonMobil's state-of-the-art campus north of Houston serves as home to its Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses and their associated service groups. The facility opened in 2014 and accommodates more than 10,000 employees and visitors.
By bringing many global functional groups together, the campus provides employees with the tools and capabilities needed today, and in the future, to achieve business objectives and accelerate the discovery of new resources, technologies and products. It was designed to foster improved collaboration, creativity and innovation and enhance the company’s ability to attract, develop and retain the top talent in the industry.
The campus is located in Spring, Texas, on 385 wooded acres immediately to the west of Interstate Highway 45 (I-45), at the intersection of I-45 and the Hardy Toll Road, approximately 25 miles from the cultural vibrancy of downtown Houston.
The campus was constructed to the highest standards of energy efficiency and environmental stewardship. Its design incorporates extensive research into best practices in building and workplace design through extensive benchmarking of the world’s top academic, research, and corporate facilities.
Learn more about what we do in Houston here.
What role you will play in our team
Tax Counsel will work in one of our tax planning teams that provide tax advisory services to different global business organizations. Tax Counsel would be responsible for providing the US federal income tax advice on domestic and international transactions and work with local and outside tax experts to obtain advice on the non-US aspects of the transaction. Relevant industry experience will enable a successful candidate to quickly assume the primary advisory role and work collaboratively with business leads, law and other finance functions that are commonly part of teams. Sharing knowledge and insights with Tax team members to promote creative problem solving also expected.
What you will do
Tax Counsel in the Tax Planning function provide U.S. tax advice to ExxonMobil’s worldwide business on a wide variety of domestic and international tax planning issues. Tax Counsel are involved in tax planning and advice on a wide range of transactions and regularly interface with business management, Law and other finance functions. Tax Counsel may also provide oversight for tax issues in other jurisdictions and work with local staff and outside counsel in managing major tax issues as well as tax controversies.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 10 years federal income tax planning experience
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
Tax LLM preferred
- International tax experience preferred
- Relevant industry experience preferred
- Technical tax knowledge
- Creative solutions to enable business objectives
- Strong project management skills
- Adds value by collaborating effectively with business and other support functions
- Shares knowledge to develop capabilities of the whole team
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life.
We offer you:
Pension Plan: Enrollment is automatic and at no cost to you. The basic benefit is a monthly annuity to be paid to you in retirement for the rest of your life
- Savings Plan: You can contribute between 6% and 20% of your pay and are encouraged to enroll right away. If you contribute at least 6% to your savings plan, the Company will contribute a 7% match
- Workplace Flexibility: We have several programs such as “Flex your Day”, providing ad-hoc flexibility around when and where you work, as well as longer-term programs such as leaves of absence and part-time work
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Culture of Health: Programs and resources to support your wellbeing
- Employee Health Advisory Program: Provides confidential professional counseling for you and your family, including tools and resources promoting mental health and resiliency at no additional cost to you
- Disability Plan: Income replacement for when you cannot work due to illness or injury occurring on or off the job. Enrollment is automatic and at no cost to you
More information on our Company’s benefits can be found at www.exxonmobilfamily.com.
Please note benefits may be changed from time to time without notice, subject to applicable law.