Paralegal at Resource Energy
12 Feb → 13 Mar
Resource Energy was founded in 2007 with the mission of assisting commercial real estate owners with their energy needs. Resource Energy began expanding its services over the years to other large energy users with a focus on simplifying energy procurement, tenant utility billing, and other energy management services. Today, Resource Energy operates in 48 states with a team of approximately 60 energy analysts, software engineers and other energy professionals. The company services nearly one billion square feet of commercial space, providing a diverse portfolio of properties and companies with creative and highly customized solutions to their energy needs.
The legal assistant role reports to the Associate General Counsel. The legal assistant is responsible for preparing regulatory compliance filings, maintaining an organization structure for all legal documents, and basic drafting of various aspects of agreements. This role will not be involved in any litigation or litigation related matters.
This opportunity is full time, benefit eligible and remote (Work from Home). Resource Energy supplies all equipment required. We require as much as a twice a month visit to the Stamford, CT area to meet with the Associate General Counsel.
- Basic legal compliance for regulatory matters
- Develop and maintain digital and paper system of contracts, records and other documentation
- Managing a schedule of renewal dates for contracts
- Basic drafting of portions of legal contracts
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years legal assistant or similar experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must have high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage time efficiently
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Associate degree in related field or equivalent experience