This job post is no longer available
Corporate Counsel at Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
$108.000 - $248.000
27 Apr → 27 May
This role has been designated as ‘Edge’, which means you will primarily work outside of an HPE office.
Job Family Definition:
Acts as legal advisor to assigned internal clients or other company attorneys with respect to matters related to the area of specialty. Identifies legal risk and recommends solutions that help address the client’s objectives. Represents company in transactions, interactions, or disputes with customers, suppliers, partners, and competitors. Balances the business interests of client groups with ultimate fiduciary responsibility to company. Represents the company before industry policy setting organizations, government agencies, and other regulatory bodies. Areas of law practiced may include intellectual property law, mergers and acquisitions, corporate securities law, litigation, employment, structured financial deals, US government contracting, outsourcing, environmental, employee benefits, or bankruptcy.
Management Level Definition:
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Provides legal advice to support client decisions within a specific legal concentration.
- Develops risk profiles addressing complex specialty law.
- Refines and builds knowledge from a variety of resources, working towards becoming an expert within a specific legal concentration, and shares knowledge with other team members.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves complex legal issues within a specialty area.
Education and Experience Required:
- Advanced university degree in law (e.g. JD or LLB); additional advanced degree relevant to the specialty preferred.
- Meets local legal license requirements.
- Typically 4-6 years commercial legal experience at a law firm or in-house.
- Well developed level of business experience supporting clients or advising on specialty law matters.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Well-developed breadth of practical knowledge within a specific legal concentration, with demonstrated in- depth knowledge in one or more sub- areas within the specific legal concentration.
- Good knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Well-developed competence and experience in negotiating or advising on legal and business matters in the specialty.
- Able to translate complex legal or factual issues into plain language communications.
- English language skills to business standard preferred.
- Scope typically includes resolving business unit and function-level client issues related to the specialty.
- Impact typically includes resolving significant legal issues in specialty practices areas.
States with Pay Range Requirement
The expected salary/wage range for a U.S.-based hire filling this position is provided below. Actual offer may vary from this range based upon geographic location, work experience, education/training, and/or skill level. If this is a sales role, then the listed salary range reflects combined base salary and target-level sales compensation pay. If this is a non-sales role, then the listed salary range reflects base salary only. Variable incentives may also be offered. Information about employee benefits offered can be found at https://myhperewards.com/main/new-hire-enrollment.html.
Annual Salary: $108,000.00 - $248,200.00
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to employer use of arrest and conviction records, including laws requiring employers to consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.