This job post is no longer available
Office Assistant III at Minnesota Judicial Branch
Minnesota Judicial Branch
$45.000 - $68.000
26 Apr → 26 May
The Director of the Minnesota Boards of Law Examiners, Continuing Legal Education, Legal Certification, and Lawyer Registration Office is seeking an experienced Office Assistant to provide administrative support to the Director, Bar Admissions Administrator, and others; coordinate the work of the Board of Legal Certification; and to assist members of the public, lawyers, and applicants by providing requested information.
The following are examples of major job duties expected for this position:
Drafts and edits correspondence, memos, reports, minutes, presentations, and other projects.
- Assists with the administration of the semi-annual Minnesota Bar Examination and all Admission ceremonies.
- Schedules appointments and coordinates meetings, including ordering catering and assembling agenda materials; ensures that time-sensitive matters are handled within deadline.
- Provides information to applicants, lawyers, and members of the public; answers inquiries or directs inquiries to appropriate staff member; provides back-up coverage to the front desk.
- Assists with updating attorney status, processing requests for attorney license cards and reviews course accreditation applications.
- Coordinates the work of the Board of Legal Certification.
- Electronically files documents with the Court.
Below are the past experiences that will enable success in the role. For education requirements listed, the equivalent number of years of related experience may serve as a substitute.
- Possession of an Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, secretarial sciences, or a related field, or graduation from high school, or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of office clerical or secretarial experience.
- AA, and/or BA, or equivalent experience, preferred.
- Experience drafting and editing correspondence, memos, reports, minutes, and other documents.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Word, Excel, Outlook, and other MS Office products.
- Typing skills of 55+ WPM.
- Knowledge of and experience using database management systems, electronic records and systems preferred.
- Ability to draft clear, concise correspondence and reports using proper grammar and spelling; ability to proof the work of others.
- Ability to take direction from multiple people and work well with others in a setting of shared responsibility.
- Ability to research and gather information from online sources and 3rd parties.
- Ability to learn and use custom software applications.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Skill in handling multiple competing tasks and priorities and to meet deadlines.
- Skill in dealing with the public.
- Ability to manage confidential information.
The expected starting salary range for external candidates is $21.65- $27.09 per hour ($45,205- $56,564 annually). The full salary range for this position is $21.65- $32.52 per hour ($45,205 - $67,902 annually). This position is non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is eligible for State of MN employee benefits.
The Minnesota Judicial Branch cares about and invests in you as an employee. Because of that, we offer affordable yet competitive benefits to support you and your family’s wellbeing. Our comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees includes health and wellness benefits, enhanced fertility benefits, short- and long-term disability, pension, paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, and more. The employee-paid premium for a full-time employee with single coverage is only $38.50/month for the Minnesota Advantage Health Plan (Download PDF reader) and $13.50/month for the Dental Plan. Click here to learn more about the benefits we offer.
Minnesota Judicial Branch employees may also be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. This federal program allows qualified individuals to have their loans forgiven after meeting certain requirements working in public service. You can learn more about this program from the Minnesota Office of Higher Education and the office of Federal Student Aid.
This position is classified as an Office Assistant III and will work normal business hours Monday through Friday. Work will be conducted in an office setting located in downtown Saint Paul, MN.
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.mncourts.gov/careers. Complete and submit your online application with resume and cover letter attached by May 14, 2023, at 11:59pm. Employment offers may be rescinded if the required criminal background check identifies job related convictions.