This job post is no longer available
Materials Coordinator - 1st Shift ($19.83+/hr) at Pierce Manufacturing Inc
Pierce Manufacturing Inc
08 Apr → 08 May
About Pierce, an Oshkosh company
At Pierce Manufacturing, we build trucks that protect people and communities around the world. To our team, there is no room for anything less than providing the absolute best. Since 1913, building truck bodies on Model T Ford chassis in an old converted church has evolved to creating highly customized, carefully designed and engineering pumpers, aerials, tankers and rescue units that have no equal. Today, you'll find more than 30,000 Pierce apparatuses on the road that are making a difference in people's lives, every day. To us, every step in the process of building our trucks is personal. From innovation and expertise, to the customization and service. Our trucks are designed to perform under the toughest conditions.
With a career at Pierce, you can expect:
- Competitive Pay – pay based on experience and education, minimum starting rate $19.83 per hour
- Merit increases at 90 days, 12 months, and then annually
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability benefits, 401k plan & company match, tuition reimbursement, wellness programs, paid vacation, paid holidays
- Effective after 30 days
- Job Stability
- Opportunities for Career Growth
- Hands-On Approach
- Customer Focus
- Culture for Fostering Teamwork
- Shift times and overtime hours vary dependent on position, department, and location
- 1st Shift: Monday – Friday 6:00 am – 2:30 pm; overtimes is worked before and after shift, with potential Saturday overtime
Summary of Job Description
The position, Materials Coordinator, is responsible for utilizing and performing maintenance on graphics computer equipment and working in a Windows environment. The Materials Coordinator must be able to understand layout and design concepts, work orders, and drawings.
- Prioritize work based on schedule
- Design truck lettering and special artwork
- Scan, digitize, cut, and plot lettering artwork
- Assemble and apply lettering and artwork
- Charge out and inventory materials
- Create drawings and order parts, special signs, and pounce patterns, and bring artwork to screen printer for stock parts
- Perform computer back-ups and transfer media from one form to another usable form
- Take photos of graphics work on completed vehicles
- Maintain archive of completed graphics work on completed vehicles
- Scan photos and catalog
- Weed and cover vinyl material
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills
- Regular attendance required
- All other duties and responsibilities that are assigned
- 2 or more years of relevant experience OR Highschool Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in warehouse/material handling experience.
Preferred Qualifications to complete Essential Functions
- Previous experience with inventory control systems and/or RF scanners.
Other Physical Requirements
- All positions require the ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations. Detailed physical job analysis available upon request.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Sense of sound is required
- Sense of balance is required
- Limb and finger dexterity is required
- Ability to perform twisting, turning, bending, climbing, pushing, and pulling motions
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)—steel-toe shoes, safety glasses, vest
Working conditions will be inside and outside where temperatures will vary from extreme heat to extreme cold for extended periods of time. This position is regularly exposed to vibration and loud noises.
Oshkosh is committed to working with and offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability for any part of the employment process, please contact us at: 920-502-3009 or [email protected].