This job post is no longer available
Corporate Paralegal and Office Admin at Legal Scale LLP
Legal Scale is looking for a talented corporate paralegal to join our team. This will require previous experience with corporate law firms, excellent project management skills, strong document management focus and the ability to collaborate across a team.
Legal Scale is a corporate law firm, focused on private transactions. We represent both funders and founders on a variety of venture debt, venture equity and general corporate transactions. We also assist our clients with corporate governance. We're a small, cohesive team, and are a rapidly growing organization.
- A Paralegal certificate and/or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 3+ years of relevant corporate paralegal experience with a law firm and/or in-house
- Registered notary public, or willingness to obtain notary license (including for remote online notarization)
- Action and results-oriented, with the ability to demonstrate good judgment in a fast-paced, high-growth, dynamic environment
- Familiarity with US securities filings, including Form ID, Form D and state Blue Sky filings
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Highest level of accuracy, superb attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of individuals at all organizational levels
- A high degree of proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, Clio (time-keeping software), Net Documents, Adobe PDF, DocuSign and Litera Workshare Compare
- A positive attitude, collaborative mindset and a desire to be part of a strong, supportive team
- High degree of responsiveness and quick turnaround
- Ability to manage heavy email flow
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and file Trademark or Copyright assignment agreements with the USPTO
- Prepare and file UCC financing statements
- Prepare first drafts of various documents, such as resolutions, written consents, LLC agreements, bylaws and other corporate governance documents
- Forming LLCs and corporations, obtaining EINs and other formation tasks
- Day-to-day responsibilities for performance of general paralegal duties and office administration
- Preparation and distribution of invoices to clients, and management of accounts receivable
- Assist partners with firm management tasks and client onboarding
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $72,500.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No travel
We're totally remote!
- Do you have any experience working with legal documents, especially contracts and other corporate documents? Examples include NDAs, resolutions, LLC agreements, bylaws.
- Have you ever formed a company or obtained an EIN for a company?
- Are you familiar with DocuSign? Do you know how to generate DocuSign envelopes?
- Have you ever drafted or filed any UCC financing statements?
- Have you ever drafted or filed any Trademark Assignment Agreements, Trademark Security Agreements, Copyright Assignment Agreements or Copyright Security Agreements?
- Have you ever filed any SEC filings (such as a Form ID, Form D or state Blue Sky filings)?
- Are you familiar with NetDocuments (or other document management systems)? Are you familiar with Clio (or other time keeping software)?
- What is your experience with invoicing clients? Can you generate invoices and log payments? Do you have any experience with generating invoices and keeping track of accounts receivable?
- Are you tech savvy?
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 4 years (Required)
- Law firm: 1 year (Required)
- Paralegal Certificate (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote