This job post is no longer available
Sr. Project Counsel / Renewable Energy at Catalyze
$158.000 - $190.000
26 Apr → 26 May
Catalyze is rapidly accelerating the transition to renewable energy by making it easy and profitable to integrate smart energy resources into new and existing buildings and infrastructure. As a national energy transition partner and independent power producer (IPP), we develop, construct, own, operate, and maintain integrated solar, battery storage, and electric vehicle (EV) charging assets for commercial and industrial customers. We combine our proprietary technology, financial strength, and industry expertise to deliver standardized, yet configurable systems that meet our partners’ unique needs. These offerings enable commercial and industrial property owners, operating companies, and their customers to extract greater value from their assets, take increased responsibility and ownership of their energy profile, and ultimately become part of the clean energy transition.
As we continue to grow and expand our solutions across the country, our team is shaping the future of renewable energy. We are looking for passionate, collaborative, innovative thinkers who want to build a better future and do work that matters.
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Project Counsel to drive the rapid expansion of Catalyze’s nationwide portfolio of renewable energy projects.
- A strategic problem solver with the ability to consistently absorb new and complex information, extract relevant details, detect issues and propose effective solutions
- Comfortable with ambiguity and thinking through possibilities and solutions that may not currently exist
- Highly skilled at connecting various complex issues and simplifying others’ complicated language to create clarity for stakeholders
- Someone who can gain maximum value from meetings to ensure that outcomes are achieved and in the Company’s best interest
- An independent individual with the ability to work with minimal supervision, possessing a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- An experienced Legal professional with strong fact-finding, drafting, negotiating, writing, and research skills
- Work closely with the distributed renewable energy project development team on project strategies, contracting, and project acquisition
- Draft, revise, and negotiate routine to moderately complex negotiations for various commercial agreements for renewable energy and battery energy storage project development, including NDAs, power purchase and other offtake agreements, energy services agreements, etc.
- Provide legal support to the Business Development and Project Development teams for permitting, environmental and various development issues as they arise
- Conduct due diligence (research, obtain, compile, prepare, produce and/or review documents, data, permits, environmental, and other real estate-based information), including title documents and/or analysis of UCC searches for project acquisition
- Identify, resolve, and document process roadblocks for project acquisition
- Provide legal support to the policy team or important company initiatives
- Work closely with internal business teams to achieve desired business outcomes while minimizing legal risk
- Work cross-functionally, communicate clearly with business teams, and take deals across the finish line
- Manage multiple existing contracts during the project development cycle
- Provide other legal support as needed
- Take ownership of everything you work on and be responsible for the thoroughness and quality of everything you create
- Collaborate closely with the team to constantly improve our processes and best practices
- Provide and receive regular, well-considered, constructive feedback on legal issues and all aspects of your interactions with the team
What You Bring to the Team:
- Juris Doctorate, plus licensed to practice law in at least one state and in good standing
- 6+ years of relevant experience; in-house experience a plus
- Renewable energy industry experience
- Experienced in clearly expressing ideas and recommendations to business leaders at all levels both verbally and in writing, inspiring confidence among stakeholders
- Experience managing competing expectations, being nimble, prioritizing effectively, and delivering high-quality, error-free work in a fast-paced environment
What Catalyze Brings to You:
- Opportunity to play a significant role in transforming the energy industry
- Growth and development
- An extremely flexible environment where your voice, thoughts, and ideas will be heard
- Excellent benefits (company-paid and voluntary): Health / Dental / Vision / Life / AD&D / STD / LTD / AFLAC / Pet / Legal / Commuter / 401(k) with Company Match / Unlimited Paid Time Off and more!
- Boulder, CO hybrid office/remote
- Remote only may be considered
Catalyze is a renewable energy developer and independent power producer (IPP) that partners with medium-to-large commercial and industrial real estate groups and renewable energy developers. We increase property net income and tenant value with renewable, resilient, smart energy infrastructure including solar, storage, electric vehicle charging, and microgrids.
We uniquely enable our customers to use that increased income as a competitive advantage to expand their property portfolios. Our proprietary origination-to-operations platform supports our partners with optimal site identification and acquisition, energy load estimation, system design, project finance, and asset management.
We believe that when people feel safe and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to the team, it brings out their best and strengthens our company as a whole. This is why we’re dedicated to creating a truly inclusive workplace - one that values and promotes diversity and fosters an empowered workforce - allowing all employees, from any background or level of the company, to succeed in their jobs.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and value the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, New York City Salary Transparency Law and California Pay Transparency Law, Catalyze provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado, New York City or California. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the State of Colorado, New York City, NY and California only, the range of base starting pay for this role is $158,000 to $190,000 USD. This range is not inclusive of bonus.