This job post is no longer available
Paralegal Manager at Lewis Roca
$51.000 - $73.000
26 Apr → 26 May
Lewis Roca is a top ranked Am Law 200 commercial law firm and one of the largest in the Western United States. We are seeking a Paralegal Manager to join our team!
The Paralegal Manager is responsible for the value of the firm’s paralegal services to clients and firm lawyers, as well as the success of the individual paralegal professionals that make it all happen. The position reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer and regularly collaborates with Practice Group Leaders, General Counsel, Office Administrators, and business operations teams around the firm.
Periodic travel to other offices is required.
About Lewis Roca:
Our award-winning team of lawyers and legal professionals offers extensive experience in a wide range of disciplines. We strive to be the employer of choice in the legal community. Our goal is to attract talent of varied backgrounds who meet our standards of excellence and reflect the marketplace that we serve. We embrace this diversity; it contributes to our success.
A set of core principles guide our work with our clients and with each other. Together, we call this Experience Amplified. It is a client-centered operational approach that helps define a culture of service excellence. It contributes to our highly collaborative group of business professionals, led by a dedicated and passionate C-Team.
- Lead and manage the paralegal support function, including paralegal staffing, utilization and training and professional development
- Oversee the hiring, retention, and training and development programs of paralegal professionals and the E-Discovery team, approximately 40 total employees in four states
- Coordinate and participate in orientation activities for all new paralegals and E-Discovery team; handle onboarding of new team members and arrange training and other resources; conduct 90-day evaluations with new employees
- Manage job performance, employee relation issues and counseling for paralegals and E-Discovery team in conjunction with Human Resources
- Assist with the execution of the evaluation process including contacting lawyers to participate in the evaluation process; review completed evaluations and conduct annual performance review meetings for team members
- Support the General Counsel on loss prevention issues
- Proactively engage to understand the needs of the practice groups and individual lawyers and the expertise and strengths of the paralegals to ensure high quality legal work
- Manage workflow, capacity, assignments, and utilization of paralegals and ensure timely and nimble support to lawyers and clients
- Assign paralegal review for file transfer reviews and ensure timely completion
- Prepare and manage the paralegal budget and achieve financial metrics
- Edit and approve timecards in Time and Attendance System
- Follow the ethical requirements as set forth by the Rules of Professional Conduct of the state in which employed
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You Need for Success
- Minimum of 5 years as a paralegal in corporate law environment
- 3+ years experience managing at least 10 paralegals or other timekeeping professionals, preferably at a law firm
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus Paralegal certification is required
- Demonstrated financial acumen, particularly profitability and productivity metrics in billable / professional services context
- Demonstrated knowledge of the policies, practices, and laws related to hiring, supervision, and performance management
- Intermediate MS Office skills and ability to research in Westlaw and Lexis Nexis
- Hands-on, well-developed employee relations skills and the ability to navigate different personalities and work styles
- Successful at influencing others, resolving conflict, motivating others, and maintaining strict confidentiality
- Comfort with complexity and ambiguity; loves tackling challenges, and willing to work longer hours if needed
- Impeccable and clear communication style tailored to different audiences and desired outcomes
This position is subject to export control laws.
Lewis Roca offers competitive compensation and benefits, including:
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- 3 weeks of paid time off
- 10-paid holidays per year
- Benefits start on day 1
- Several medical plan options to choose from, including traditional plans and HSA qualified plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Gym reimbursement
- Well-being program
- Employer-paid life insurance and long term disability
- Technology stipend
- And much more!