This job post is no longer available
General Counsel at Empire Office
New York, NY, USA
$160.000 - $210.000
25 Nov → 25 Dec
Empire Office, Inc is the largest commercial furniture dealership in the country. A family-owned third generation company, Empire provides coast to-coast coverage with oﬃces and showrooms in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania as well as three Florida cities, and an established network of national installers and warehouses across the country. We partner with business leaders, architects and designers to deliver comprehensive, creative, and cost-eﬀective solutions for office space.
Empire operates nationwide (and globally) and is currently seeking candidates for a General Counsel role reporting to the CFO. This is a newly created role in a growing company with the ability for flexible working arrangement as it relates to hours and work location. Successful candidates will be responsible for providing legal advice and support to Empire on a variety of legal matters. A "can do" problem-solving approach is essential. Also, a willingness to learn new things and to contribute with new processes and procedures are also essential.
- Structuring, negotiating and drafting a variety of commercial agreements such as: master service agreements, vendor agreements, employment agreements, NDAs, leases and professional services agreements.
- Ability to effectively manage contract administration policies, systems, and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of federal and state laws pertaining to professional services agreements, licensing agreements, construction contracts, AIA contracts, NDAs, and other business agreements/documents with clients, vendors, and third parties.
- Designing, implementing and updating template client agreements and negotiating client agreements.
- Managing contracts to ensure compliance and execution of business terms.
- Advising on corporate governance practices
- Supporting human resource personnel with related legal issues resulting from employment matters. Managing related legal issues as they related to HR matters.
- Manage outside counsel engagement
- Possess strong client-relations, interpersonal, written and oral communication and analytical skills and be able to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally with all levels of management regarding legal issues.
Requirements / Qualifications
J.D. Degree from an ABA-Accredited law school and strong academic credentials.
5-7 years’ experience in contract review, drafting, and negotiations
In-house experience is a plus
New York or Florida Bar Admission – additional states a plus but not required.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs