This job post is no longer available
Receptionist - Law Firm at McGuireWoods LLP
Chicago, IL, USA
25 Nov → 25 Dec
McGuireWoods has an opening for a full-time receptionist in our Chicago office. The work hours are 8:00-5:00 Monday - Friday. As the receptionist at the law firm, you will be the "face" of the office and a positive representation of our commitment to providing excellent client service. This position will perform receptionist duties and various other duties of the Firm. The ideal candidate will show initiative, use good judgement, and have the ability to present a professional image while consistently multitasking and prioritizing.
McGuireWoods LLP is a major U.S. law firm with offices in the United States and Europe. Tracing the firm's roots back to 1834, McGuireWoods has a long history of growth through mergers with predecessor firms in existing markets, as well as client-centered expansion into new markets. Working with clients to develop these strategies, the firm has kept pace with its clients changing needs - and helping them meet their goals. This has been the firm's philosophy for more than 175 years, and it continues to direct endeavors as the firm looks toward the future. For more information, please visit www.mcguirewoods.com. California residents have special rights with respect to personal information. If you are a California resident applying for a position at McGuireWoods, our statement describes your rights and personal information the firm collects.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by jobholders within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of jobholders assigned to the job.
- Welcomes, announces, and follows security protocol and procedures for clients and visitors.
- Answers and directs inquiries accordingly through attendant console software. Relays accurate messages as required.
- Provides general administrative assistance to legal staff and management as required.
- Extends hospitality services as necessary (e.g., assists with personal belongings, offers beverages, basic print/copy assistance, validates parking tickets for clients, arranges taxi service).
- Manages conference room reservations; reserves and confirms new reservations, approves pending reservations, adjusts meeting locations as necessary and notifies appropriate parties of changes or updates, and accurately maintains electronic room reservation system.
- Works closely with appropriate personnel to ensure meeting requirements are coordinated (e.g., Audio/Visual, conference room set-ups and food and beverage requests). May handle requirements directly.
- Reserves Visiting Attorney offices and coordinates special requests for clients, internal personnel, and visitors.
- Ensures reception, conference room, and visiting attorney areas are maintained to Firm standards.
Requirements / Qualifications
Requires high school diploma or GED and a minimum of two years related experience and/or training.
Receptionist, multiline telephone, and console operations experience preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to work under pressure, multitask, and prioritize.
Ability to work overtime as required.
Strong computer skills to include proficiency in Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs