This job post is no longer available
Paralegal- Employment Law at Nuvance Health
$70.000 - $110.000
26 Apr → 26 May
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
: As an integral member of our dynamic Labor & Employment Law team, the Paralegal partners with the attorneys on the team to perform substantive legal work and provide support in various areas, including dispute resolution, employment litigation, investigations, regulatory compliance, employment law updates and related projects, labor initiatives, immigration and other initiatives as needed in the Nuvance Health system. This role will serve as the primary support for employment litigation management, ranging from assisting in drafting litigation hold notices, settlement, separation and related agreements under attorney supervision to the management of the litigation process including the discovery process, document collection and retention, electronic discovery and searches, preparation of chronologies and case summaries, case file management, compliance with employment practices liability insurance, and assistance in preparation for motions, witness interviews, depositions, hearings, arbitrations and trial.
1. Draft litigation preservation hold notices, settlement or separation agreements, contracts and other agreements with attorney supervision.
2. Monitor employment litigation matters, manage litigation deadlines and team litigation calendar, oversee case file management.
3. Own and regularly update the employment litigation case management database and reporting system. Problem solve on how to improve the system and assist attorneys in reporting to Claims Committee, Chief Legal Officer and senior leadership.
4. Lead discovery process, including collect, review and analyze documents from internal clients, support e-discovery and electronic searches, aid in document retention and management, and liaise with outside counsel on the same.
5. Manage intake of, collect documents for, and coordinate responses to third-party requests for information and subpoenas.
6. Gathers facts, through interviews, document review and other investigatory activities, as is necessary for discovery and the development of appropriate legal strategies.
7. Assist attorneys with scheduling of witness interviews, depositions, etc. and resolve scheduling conflicts and other questions that arise.
8. Analyze, review and organize documents for discovery, review for privilege and information covered by HIPAA, and assist with preparing/coordinating document production and responses to discovery questions
9. Prepare documents for depositions and witness interviews. Draft investigative reports and summarize documents such as witness interview summaries and deposition summaries.
10. Assist with preparation of pleadings, administrative filings and discovery in federal and state court civil matters and arbitration proceedings
11. Assist in trial preparation including management of trial exhibits and other trial-related assistance
12. Oversee immigration cases and matter management, monitor all immigration related inquiries and cases, coordinate responses and liaise with outside counsel and internal stakeholders on the same. Partner with cross-functional stakeholders on team projects to improve the immigration function.
13. Provide assistance in handling legal issues relating to labor law and labor relations, employee benefits and employment or HR best practices, as directed by the attorneys on the Labor & Employment Law team.
14. Keep abreast of and report on employment law developments and regulations in the forums where Nuvance Health practices
15. Oversee team worklists, project agendas and Tracks Team Projects.
16. Respond in a timely manner to requests for information or assistance.
17. Assist in budgetary review and reporting.
18. Display a professional attitude and represent the Nuvance Health Legal Department in a positive manner at all times.
19. Maintain the confidentiality of patient, employee, department and proprietary information.
20. Participate in meeting the goals and objectives of the Labor & Employment law team and the Legal Department to ensure that both contribute to the attainment of the Nuvance Health system’s goals and objectives.
21. Promote and contribute positively to the team work of the department by volunteering to assist coworkers, contributing ideas and problem solving with coworkers.
22. Participate in planning and implementing change and maintaining and improving productivity through attendance and participation in staff meetings, task forces, projects and discussions with supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- At least six (6) years of prior experience in a paralegal role
- Associate Degree required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Degree or certificate in Paralegal Studies
- ABA Paralegal Certificate preferred
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Demonstrated and specialized subject matter expertise in employment law and litigation
License, Registration, or Certification Requirements:
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies. ABA Paralegal Certificate preferred
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital AveWork Type:
Full-TimeStandard Hours: 40.00FTE: 1.000000Work Schedule: DAY 1Work Shift: 8:30 am - 5:30 pmOrg Unit: 1802Department: Legal ServicesExempt: NoGrade: S10Working conditions:Essential:
- Some manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Little or no potential for occupational risk
- Sedentary/light effort. May exert up to 10 lbs. force
- Generally pleasant working conditions.
EOE, including disability/vets.We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: In person
Start your job application: click Easy Apply