This job post is no longer available
Attorney v/Equal rights investigator at Dallas County
Dallas, TX, USA
22 Nov → 22 Dec
Employment lawyer to advise management and human resources professionals on a board range of issues, including: employee relations; discipline and terminations; internal investigations; leaves of absence; disability accommodations; and compliance with applicable state and federal employment laws and regulations. Supports the administration of Civil Service grievances, comprehensive non-discrimination, Title IX, sexual harassment, Americans with Disabilities (ADA), and 504 policies. The investigator will be responsible for investigating one or more of the following subject matter areas: Title VII, sexual harassment, discrimination, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), EEOC and DOL complaints.
An extensive pre-employment background investigation will be conducted on all applicants who have been offered a position with Dallas County. The hiring process involves successful completion of each step. The steps include: Criminal History Review, Traffic Violations Record, Review of Personal History Statement and Documents, Physical Examination, and Background Investigation. Dallas County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, National Service Alumni volunteers, and persons with a criminal background are encouraged to apply.
- Investigates complaints of discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment, and retaliation complaints, thoroughly, equitably, and expeditiously.
- Conducts site visits to interview witnesses, alleged respondents, and complainants in the furtherance of an investigation.
- Collects and analyzes documents and physical evidence.
- Updates and maintains case files and records to report on the status of assigned investigations.
- Coordinates with and obtains documentation from employees, public and law enforcement agencies, court systems, and management team in the furtherance of an investigation.
- Prepares high-quality summarizing investigative reports and provides recommendations for resolutions.
- Testifies at grievance hearings, arbitrations, administrative hearings, and court proceeding related to investigations as required.
- Advises the Director and Assistant Director of Human Resources on the status of ongoing investigations.
- Collaborates with the Training and Development Division to develop, present, and implement training, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, applicable to human resources.
- Stay abreast of emerging government regulations and evaluate and recommend appropriate responses and changes to internal policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements / Qualifications
Graduation from an accredited law school.
Four (4) years of experience practicing law. Knowledge of standard software applications.
Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, departments and the general public.
Standard office environment.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs