Bankruptcy Assistant at Roberts Markel Weinberg Butler Hailey PC
Roberts Markel Weinberg Butler Hailey PC
Houston, TX, USA
$33.000 - $43.000
19 Nov → 19 Dec
We are seeking a full-time candidate to join our Bankruptcy team in our Galleria office. The Assistant will work with and at the direction from an attorney. Qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate accurate account verification, interest recalculations and statement reconciliation in conjunction with internal accounting procedures and proficiency in generating notices and correspondence.
Experience and Skills:
- Proficient with numbers and basic accounting.
- Knowledge with general ledgers and interest calculation.
- Proficient in software tools, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and DMS (Clio preferred).
- Possess strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Identify and solve issues in a timely manner.
- Must be a team player and willing to help others in their department whenever necessary.
- Extremely organized and be able to multi-task.
- Take initiative in face of obstacles and identify what needs to be done and take action.
- Analytical and detail oriented, while working at a fast pace and capable of multi-tasking.
- Develop professional relationships and build rapport with others.
- Applying accounting acumen for accuracy verification.
- Creating, updating and maintaining account ledgers by entering data into system database.
- Review of questionable data; communication with clients regarding bankruptcy requirements.
- Reconciliation of account ledgers based on effect of bankruptcy disposition.
- Communication with clients and co-workers regarding bankruptcy account adjustments.
- Communication with account debtors, bankruptcy attorneys and trustee staff regarding claim payments and account delinquencies.
- Preparation and filing of bankruptcy creditor notices (CM/ECF). Preparation of demand letters and payment plan agreements. Performance of other assigned tasks to support the Bankruptcy Department.
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented with commitment to excellent client service. Responsible for prompt transfer of post-bankruptcy accounts to legal collections. Accountable for departmental goals and activity metrics.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities, excellent written and verbal communication abilities with a desire to learn and grow capabilities and resourcefulness.
Requirements / Qualifications
Previous experience as a paralegal or other legal field
Collections and/or legal assistant experience with bankruptcy law and FDCPA familiarity preferred.
Familiarity with legal research
Ability to prioritize and multitask
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Deadline and detail-oriented
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.