This job post is no longer available
Research Assistant at Weill Cornell Medicine
Weill Cornell Medicine
26 Apr → 26 May
Title: Research Assistant
Title: Research Assistant
Location: Upper East Side
Org Unit: Clinical Trials Administration
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $22.03 - $28.79
- As required under NYC Human Rights Law Int 1208-2018 - Salary range for this role when Hired for NYC Offices
Under direction, provides research, data analysis and operational support to principal investigators and research coordinators for clinical research studies
- Coordinates the recruitment and enrollment of study participants. Assesses patient eligibility for inclusion in clinical trials. Ensures proper consent protocols have been followed for study participation.
- Assists with departmental mailings, including patient medical records. Ensures accuracy of recipient contact information and location for correct delivery.
- Conducts literature reviews and gains expert familiarity with protocols that will be used as templates.
- Assists in creation of study database.
- Manages and enters collected data into study database.
- Conducts qualitative coding and thematic analysis of study data.
- May perform statistical analysis of research data.
- Assists in the preparation of materials, submissions and renewals to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) or IACUC.
- Assists faculty in the preparation of grant submissions and associated documentation, which may include just-in-time documents, progress reports, routing forms, abstracts and manuscripts.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- High School Diploma
Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Approximately one year of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Statistical and database management experience, including proficiency in SPSS and/or RedCap.
- Previous clinical research experience is helpful.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is helpful.
Licenses and Certifications
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that's committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side's scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine's powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients - the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Weill Cornell Medicine provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City