Digital Court Reporter at Planet Depos
Virginia Beach, VA 23450, USA
12 Nov → 12 Dec
A Digital Court Reporter is required to be present in depositions in which an attorney desires to have the deponent’s testimony captured via audio or video. They are responsible for setting up the audio and video equipment and recording the deposition and have an understanding of the digital recording system and its maintenance, upkeep, and operation. Digital Court Reporters are also responsible for taking down notes during the proceedings and creating a log note of speaker identification and keywords, which serve as a general outline of the digital recording.
$21 - $24 an hour
- Quickly set up audio/video equipment in a professional and tidy manner in new and everchanging environments.
- Accurately position and monitor microphone placement for ideal audio capture.
- Actively and continuously mix multiple audio tracks for proper level and monitor for interference on a portable audio interface.
- Properly set white balance and exposure in various environments.
- Establish and actively monitor appropriate video framing consistent with legal videography norms.
- Assist clients with varying audio, video, and technology issues both in-person and remotely.
- Develop and maintain a high-level understanding of departmental policy, the legal field, and audio and video technology.
- Actively track and log key legal events during legal proceedings, including notating relevant spellings, the introduction of exhibits, and objections.
- Swear in deponents and faithfully capture their spoken testimony under oath during depositions and other legal proceedings.
- Maintain a calm, neutral, and professional demeanor before, during, and after various legal proceedings.
Requirements / Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have some experience or knowledge of the legal industry.
Must have a 2- or 4-year degree and be comfortable with A/V technologies and digital recording, have a professional appearance, and also experience with dealing face to face with professional clients.
You must be able to adapt to unexpected circumstances and operate on a changing schedule, sometimes working after hours.
You must have a reliable mode of transportation as well as the ability to lift up to 50lbs.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.