This job post is no longer available
Counsel - Health Solutions at Voya Financia
Minneapolis, MN, USA
$110.000 - $150.000
12 Nov → 12 Dec
Together we strive for everyone’s opportunity towards a better financial future.
Together we stand up for and champion everyone’s access to opportunity. We strive for better together. We advocate for everyone and not against anyone. Voya believes in being bold and committed to action. We are committed to a work environment where the differences that we are born with — and those we acquire throughout our lives — are understood, valued and intentionally pursued. We believe that our employees own our culture and have a responsibility to foster an environment where we all feel comfortable bringing our whole selves to work. Purposefully bringing our differences together to positively influence our culture, serve our clients and enrich our communities is essential to our vision to be America’s Retirement Company®.
Are you ready to join a great company with a winning culture? Start your Voyage – Apply Now
Counsel will work under the direction of the Vice President, Senior Counsel of Voya’s Health Solutions division in support of a broad range of legal department responsibilities. This position can sit remotely as a virtual employee on a National basis.
Counsel will work directly under the direction of the Vice President, Senior Counsel of Voya’s fast-growing and dynamic Health Solutions division in support of a broad range of legal department responsibilities. Counsel should possess an entrepreneurial spirit, be confident in exercising independent discretion and value having a meaningful impact on the division’s rapid expansion and cutting-edge workplace solutions.
- Providing legal advice and counsel regarding the division’s consumer driven healthcare solutions, including Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Reimbursement Arrangements, the provision of COBRA and Direct Billing administrative services, and related third party administrator functions
- Providing legal advice and counsel regarding the division’s financial wellness solutions, including its holistic guidance and decision support tools
- Structuring, drafting, negotiating, and managing both complex and routine business transactions, including strategic partnerships, vendor agreements, employer services agreements, and non-disclosure agreements, as well as other documents related to a variety of trade, commercial, financial, and operational matters
- Advising the division of its legal rights and obligations related to its group insurance portfolio, including stop loss, life, disability, and supplemental health insurance, as well as its Leave Management product and reinsurance-related issues
- Playing a significant role in providing practical, legal, and business-related advice to the division’s employees, as well as counseling employees and management on legal and strategic matters, including identifying, evaluating, and addressing issues of legal and regulatory risk
- Negotiating with opposing counsel and others concerning claims, regulatory and consumer complaints, and threats of regulatory action or litigation, including litigation avoidance and management
- Researching, analyzing, and interpreting proposed and existing laws, statutes, and regulations
- Providing a business sensitive, value-added approach to the delivery of high-quality work product and adequate legal controls, on a timely basis
- Directing and managing outside counsel in various areas of concern
Requirements / Qualifications
Have earned a Juris Doctor (or equivalent degree) from an accredited law school
Be a current and active member in good-standing of a U.S. state and/or federal Bar Association
Have been a practicing lawyer at least 5 years
Have never be subjected to Bar disciplinary proceedings or debarment action
Possess excellent oral and written communications skills, including the demonstrated ability to prepare and orally deliver excellent, detailed, concise and effective memoranda, briefings, slides and other decision materials to executive staff and Company personnel
Have a demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple, complex issues
Demonstrate a commitment to a collegial work ethic, including mentoring and collaboration
Ability to work well with a large number of stakeholders
Self-starter with an orientation towards problem solving
Pragmatic, business focused approach, with an ability to balance business goals and commercial realities with legal risks
Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.