In-House Counsel at Texas Capital Bank
Texas Capital Bank
Dallas, TX, USA
$76.000 - $100.000
12 Nov → 12 Dec
At Texas Capital Bank, we are driven by a single-minded and unwavering mission: to serve business and the individuals who run them. We use a consultative approach and innovative technologies to develop new ideas that give the bank and our clients a competitive advantage. We partner with our customers to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
We’re looking for a “legal samurai” with strong legal, financial, business acumen and ability to work effectively and successfully in fast-paced and complex business environment. The ideal candidate relishes hard work and challenges, thrives in a fast-paced, energetic environment, and has excellent problem solving, interpersonal, writing, negotiation, and communication skills. A team player who’s willing to roll up his/her sleeves, who is resourceful and nimble in getting things done. The ideal candidate must perceive the legal function as an integral contributor to the success of the organization and be accustomed to taking the lead in devising and implementing innovative solutions to business and legal matters, including cost savings. The candidate must commit to continuously improving his or her performance and that of the bank. A very high level of personal integrity, intelligence, drive and ambition.
- Litigation management, including representing the bank in legal proceedings:
- Review legal contracts and documents, including treasury department forms and documentation
- Prepare for and participate in bank-level committees, as appropriate
- Plan and execute special projects on behalf of the Legal Department, such as fraud reviews, compliance assessments, human resources studies, ESG, etc.
- Hire and manage staff for the “Procedures Project Management Office,” which will assist business stakeholders in crafting appropriate policies, procedures, job aids, etc., to support proper management of the bank
- Provide legal support to the procedures process group charged with crafting procedures that meet legal and regulatory requirements
- Assist in providing legal and administrative support for the bank’s Board of Directors
- Draft, negotiate, and manage vendor contracts in a manner that comports with regulatory guidance and optimizes strategic results
- Develop standards, templates, and processes for vendor contracts
- Manage external legal entities engaged in drafting or modifying vendor contracts
- Review vendor-related activity to ensure compliance with laws, rules, regulations, and contractual agreements and assist with quantifying and developing strategies to mitigate legal risk
- Assist with transactional and other Legal Department projects as needed
- Assist in maintaining and updating of standard loan documentation and approved outside attorney listings
Requirements / Qualifications
Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school; admitted to the State Bar of Texas and eligible to practice in-house in Texas; however, will consider recent law school graduate with practical & relevant work experience Legal experience. Desire to learn all transactional aspects of financial services firm including privacy & other related regulatory matters.
Minimum of 2 years legal experience in litigation and general regulatory matters to help take on, handle, and manage in-house litigation
Experience with negotiating and managing vendor contracts
Experience with contract law, including structure of contracts and contract life-cycle management
Experience with vendor contracts and/or vendor management within the financial services industry a plus
Knowledgeable about laws and regulations applicable to financial institutions
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
Excellent communications skills
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required to handle diverse and concurrent assignments
Must be physically able to work in an office at a computer for extended periods of time
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.