Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company, we bring together the world's best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions.
We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success.
If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company is seeking a Legal Billing Specialist reporting to the Legal Operations Manager. This position is perfect for the candidate who would like to leverage their legal billing and accounting know-how to own the legal department’s eBilling function, with the opportunity to learn and expand their scope of expertise to include identifying and implementing legal billing related process efficiencies and collaborating on other Legal Operations initiatives.
You will be the administrator for the legal eBilling/matter management system (SimpleLegal), responsible for invoice review, legal matter management, management of the outside counsel billing relationships, ensuring timely and efficient payment of the legal department’s vendors, working with AP on responding to vendor issues and inquiries, and working with attorneys to ensure matter management and related billing are properly aligned.
This role will interact closely with Accounting, Finance, internal legal personnel and Varian’s legal vendors. You will be an active member and contributor to the Operations team, supporting other team members on projects when needed.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Invoice review and processing, including resolving system and vendor issues
- Daily maintenance of eBilling system including onboarding and offboarding vendors, timekeeper changes
- Reporting and following up on outstanding invoices
- Matter management including setting up new matters for attorneys in SimpleLegal and ensuring allocations and approvers are appropriate
- Vendor management – be the liaison with outside counsel for billing purposes
- Ensuring that Billing Guidelines are adhered to
- Managing accruals, including running and delivering quarterly eBilling accrual reports
- Identifying and implementing process efficiencies in eBilling system and process
- Support Legal Operations projects as needed
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Working experience applying legal billing processes and eBilling system best practices
- Strong financial skills
- Strong communication skills with all levels of management
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Experience with mainstream legal matter management/eBilling platform (SimpleLegal would be ideal)
- An ability and desire to work in a global, fast-paced, and dynamic work environment that requires multi-tasking as well as an operational mindset
- Ability to work under pressure and in a time constrained and demanding environment
- An ownership mentality, exceptional follow through skills, flexibility in embracing frequent change in all forms
Typical Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and/or 2-5 years of related experience or Master's Degree with no or little experience.
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day. That's why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective will help to power more victories over cancer.
The base pay range for this position is
Min $49,100 - Max $83,600
The pay wage range shown is based on the job posting's primary location. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications, and location.