This job post is no longer available
Intellectual Property Attorney at Advanced Nutrients
West Hollywood, CA, USA
$120.000 - $160.000
01 Nov → 01 Dec
The Intellectual Property Attorney is responsible for managing the company’s intellectual property legal work worldwide and will partner closely with other teams to develop and protect all intellectual property rights. Must also have business law experience. The intellectual property attorney must be a current member of the California State Bar residing in CA, in good standing. Must be a self starter that thrives in a fast paced environment.
Advanced Nutrients has been the No. 1 producer of pharmaceutical-grade cannabis nutrients since 1999, creating an intuitive line of products trusted by growers all over the world. As part of our mission to make cannabis an acceptable and everyday part of healing humanity, we are responsible for more industry innovations than any other company — and there are many more to come.
In order to continue this legacy of innovation, we’re looking for thought leaders who have a passion to disregard the status quo, seek continuous growth and love being part of something special.
- We want to cultivate a company culture that keeps people excited about our mission and thoroughly engaged.
- Place the right people in the right positions and provide the resources to help them in their current positions while setting them up for success to grow into future roles.
- Offer competitive pay and benefits since we want everyone to work to live (and not the other way around).
- Opportunities to give back to the community through various company initiatives
- Top-tier medical, dental and vision insurance available after 1-month of full-time employment
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k with matching
- Company funded long and short-term disability
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance
- Casual Dress Code
We invite you to join in our mission to evolve how people think about the cannabis industry, expand its appeal and be a part of this global organization that was built from the ground up.
Advanced Nutrients is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
For those who choose to work with Advanced Nutrients— please, note that our current Covid -19 safety guidance in place, includes our existing mask requirement and vaccine requirement going into effect August 27,2021. The company is committed to the health and safety of all of our teammates in compliance with the most up to date state and federal regulations.
- Manage trademark and copyright portfolio
- Coordinating with internal teams and outside counsel on litigation matters.
- Review marketing campaigns from conception through execution. Review and negotiate marketing, license, sponsorship, charitable donation, endorsement, brand ambassador, prize provider, and promotional agreements. Provide risk assessments and creative commercial solutions to support business objectives.
- Work closely with business development and engineering teams to develop US and foreign patenting strategy
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Requirements / Qualifications
Must have 7+ years of experience
Must obtain law degree from accredited law school and in good standing with the CA bar
Business law experience
In-depth knowledge of laws relating to copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent and right of publicity.
Exceptional legal drafting, research and analytical skills.
Ability to make quick decisions while exercising good judgment.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.