Teacher - Vocational - Law and Leadership Pathway SY21-22 at Baltimore City Public Schools
Baltimore City Public Schools
Baltimore, MD, USA
$49.648 - $87.856
28 Oct → 27 Nov
Provides related educational services for students in a skills-based learning environment. Manages student behavior, assesses and evaluates student achievement, and modifies instructional activities as required. Carries out a variety of student monitoring and control activities and provides instructional and leadership services that prepare students with the related academic, critical thinking, computer technology, work place readiness and technical skills essential to pursuing careers in Law and Leadership and or criminal justice. Prepares students to earn college credits in the legal assistant Program at BCCC or CCBC and sit for related industry certifications including NALS (the association for legal professionals).
Serves as a CTE classroom teacher in grades 7 through 12. Classes taught may be single grade or multi grade level, are most often subject oriented, but may be skill or specialty focused. Delivers instruction that follows the Cisco Networking Academy curriculum and supervises classroom activities to include laboratory experiences. Prepares students for careers or advanced studies in information technology and computing. Some positions require working off-site or in a combination of off-site and classroom settings. Performs duties within a team or department setting, but might work independently in a unique teaching specialty. Some positions may be assigned to reading or technology labs. Other positions may be assigned to science labs or individual arts/technology education labs where the use of chemicals and machinery necessitates a higher level of monitoring to prevent accidental injury to students. Works with staff and post-secondary institutions to develop and maintain career pathways that prepare students for certification, internships, externships, apprenticeships, licensure, employment, community college or university degree programs.
Full time or Part time Full time
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).
This position is affiliated with the Baltimore Teachers Union (BTU) bargaining union.
- Assesses student abilities as related to desired educational goals, objectives, and outcomes.
- Plans and implements appropriate instructional/learning strategies and activities, including determining appropriate kinds and levels of materials. Utilizes a variety of instructional materials and available multimedia and computer technology to enhance learning.
- Manages the behavior of learners in instructional settings to ensure that the environment is conducive to the learning process, as well as assists and participates in the management of student behavior in other parts of the school, center, school grounds, or on work site.
- Coordinates instructional activities and collaborates with other professional staff, both school and non-school-based as required, in order to maximize learning opportunities.
- Utilizes a variety of instructional materials and available multimedia and computer technology to enhance learning.
- Develops, adapts, modifies, and individualizes educational materials, resources, techniques, methods, and strategies to meet the needs of students within the Baltimore City curriculum framework.
- Maintains accurate and complete student records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
- Instructs students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
- Instructs and monitors students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injury and damage.
- Enforces all administration policies and rules governing students.
- Instructs students in the knowledge and skills required in a specific occupation or occupational field, using a systematic plan of lectures, discussions, audiovisual presentations, laboratory, shop, and field studies.
- Plans and supervises work-experience programs in businesses, industrial shops, and school laboratories.
- Participates in in-service and staff development activities and staff meetings as required or assigned.
- Continually assesses student achievement and maintains appropriate assessment and evaluation documentation for institutional and individual reporting purposes.
- Ensures continuous communication with parents, both written and oral, to keep them informed of student progress.
- Ensures that the classroom and instructional environment are attractive, healthy, safe, and conducive to learning and that materials are in good condition and accessible to students.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and non-discrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
Requirements / Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree or higher in Career and Technology Education or in the career area to be taught OR Bachelor's Degree or higher and 2 years of occupational experience in the career area to be taught OR Associate's Degree in the career area to be taught and 2 years of occupational experience in the career area to be taught OR High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of occupational experience in the career area to be taught.
Candidates will be required to complete eligibility requirements for certification in Professional and Technical Education by the Maryland State Department of Education.
Three to five years of industry-related work experience (Law background preferred).
Possession of or eligibility for industry certification.
Teaching experience preferred (student teaching acceptable).
Experience in one or more of the major areas of law, leadership, criminal justice, and paralegal with an emphasis on multiple area skill sets.
Benefits/What We offer
This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.