This job post is no longer available
Criminal Defense Attorney at Kitay Law Offices
Kitay Law Offices
Wyomissing, PA, USA
$67.000 - $91.000
27 Oct → 26 Nov
Kitay Law Offices, a rapidly growing Southeastern Pennsylvania law firm, is looking for an experienced (2+ years) Criminal Defense Attorney with a commitment to providing exceptional client service.
Kitay Law Offices has been protecting and fighting for the rights of our clients for over 25 years.
We provide our clients with:
Compassionate and non-judgmental representation
Exceptional customer service
Due to demand and growth, we must add a criminal defense attorney to our roster to manage an increasing caseload of clients. We are a busy and successful practice with offices in Wyomissing, Allentown, Kennett Square, Chambersburg, Hazelton and Philadelphia. We operate a highly collaborative office in which each professional helps the others to ensure all of our clients receive the best possible service and outcome.
Excellent academic and employment credentials, including federal and/or state court experience, and PA Bar admission are required.
This is a full-time position may be located primarily in either of our Wyomissing or Allentown, PA. Importantly, we also offer remote work flexibility.
- Meet with clients at the various firm office locations, as well as virtually and by phone, to review facts, build a case and develop case strategies
- Collect retainers from clients and execute contracts that specify the parameters of the working relationship
- Research cases by interviewing witnesses, reviewing evidence, and speaking with the client
- Research case law, statutes, crimes codes, and procedural law
- Where applicable, negotiate with the prosecution to plea bargain to lesser charges
- Draft, file and argue motions such as motions to dismiss and motions to suppress
- Attend all pretrial hearings on behalf of clients and advise clients following each hearing about the best strategies
- Conduct trials and/or administrative proceedings as necessary
Requirements / Qualifications
PA bar admission required
Ability to handle a high case load
Willingness to meet with all clients, either virtually or in person and most importantly, build a strong client-attorney relationship
Must be able to build a client’s case and establish a strong defense through exceptional investigative and research skills.
Must possess in-depth understanding of state, federal and local rules, court procedures, evidentiary laws, and judges to navigate the criminal justice system efficiently and effectively
Excellent oral and written advocacy skills to argue a client’s case before a judge and persuade a jury
2+ years of experience as a practicing criminal defense attorney preferred
Experience with Needles and/or SmartAdvocate case management software a plus
Spanish bilingual a plus
Benefits/What We offer
Kitay Law Offices provides a comprehensive benefits package, including health/dental insurance, 401k, paid time off, etc. Salary is commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs