This job post is no longer available
Associate General Counsel at Wiland
$160.667 - $187.333
27 Oct → 26 Nov
The Associate General Counsel works as a key member of the Wiland legal department across the spectrum of company legal matters. A successful candidate must be able to dive deep into company technology and business processes, understand key issues and concerns, translate these concerns for internal and external stakeholders and take lead on finding and implementing creative, practical legal solutions.
Location: prefer Colorado or Virginia but open to remote.
Department: Finance & Admin
Compensation Range: $160,667 - $187,333. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component.
Our benefits include: Medical, Dental and Vision, Flexible Spending Account, Basic and Voluntary Life/ADD&D Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, 401(k) Retirements Savings Plan, Generous PTO Accruals and Designated Company Holidays.
Must be a US citizen or authorized to work in the United States.
Wiland is an equal opportunity employer.
- Collaborate with the Chief Legal Officer, other legal team members, business teams, clients and partners to find creative, practical solutions to legal challenges that impact the business.
- Offer pragmatic, timely counsel on a variety of legal issues including contracts, litigation matters and personnel issues.
- Over time assume a lead role on all client and vendor contracting matters. Collaborate with sales, IT and other business teams to optimize contracting processes. Efficiently support multiple matters and projects at the same time to hit key revenue related deadlines and department service level goals.
- Assist the Chief Legal Officer in continuous improvement of the Wiland legal function. Desire to learn to efficiently help develop the legal function within a high-growth company is critical.
- Learn the company’s business and industry and work alongside employees in all areas of the company.
- Negotiate, write, edit and execute contracts. Research and interpret legal language and legislation for legal department personnel and business team members.
- Work with external counsel as needed on litigation matters. Implement and monitor litigation holds and response timelines.
Requirements / Qualifications
Degree from top Law School.
Licensed to practice Colorado law and in good standing.
4+ years of experience practicing corporate and commercial law.
2+ years of experience in human resources law preferred.
Significant technology/high growth company experience.
Exceptional analytical, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent organizational skills with high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
Excellent judgment and ability to work independently, managing various tasks and simultaneously balance competing priorities to meet tight deadlines.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs