This job post is no longer available
Downtown Personal Injury Law Firm Seeks Legal Assistant at Jurewitz Law Group
Fast-paced, busy, and growing San Diego personal injury law firm is seeking a candidate to fill a full-time Case Manager position for our personal injury practice managing a pre-litigation caseload of 70-90 cases while working with our pre-litigation attorneys and gathering essential documents and information at the investigation stage.
Start date is flexible and will work with any notice requirements you need to give to current employers.
Responsibilities and Duties
Job duties will be to track down and obtain medical records and bills, negotiate liens, and perform other supporting tasks for our personal injury attorneys. Therefore, the candidate MUST HAVE impeccable organization skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, a fantastic personality, an insatiable drive to get all medical records and bills into the office as soon as possible and be able to communicate well with clients via phone and e-mail.
Qualifications and Skills
Factors for Additional Consideration (which should be highlighted in your cover letter):
1. Any prior experience working for a plaintiff personal injury law firm;
2. Any prior experience working in a similar position (whether as a pre-lit or litigation paralegal);
3. Any prior experience working in a service industry (restaurants, hotels, bars, etc.);
4. Conversational and written Spanish experience/skill (not required, but a bonus if fluent);
5. Competitive sports experience;
6. Volunteer and charity work
Medical, dental, and vision coverage included with 50% employer contribution after probationary period. 401k plan also available.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
We are adhering to all local and state guidelines to ensure a safe office environment. Vaccinations and masks are not required while working in the office.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 2 years (Preferred)
- Case management: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
Work Location: In person