This job post is no longer available
Corporate Legal Counsel - NYC or Newark at WebMD
Newark, NJ, USA
$110.000 - $150.000
27 Oct → 26 Nov
WebMD, an Internet Brands company, is seeking a talented, business minded attorney with 3-5 years of corporate or commercial experience. The position is a generalist role with exposure to multiple practice areas and will provide the attorney with the opportunity to work with newly acquired companies in a dynamic growth environment. The successful candidate will have general corporate legal experience, specializing in commercial contracts. The Attorney must be confident and business-minded with a proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts including customer agreements, professional services contracts, content development and license agreements, advertising technology contracts, data agreements and software and technology license agreements.
- Assist with legal due diligence in connection with various domestic and international M&A activities and provide legal support for matters related to post-M&A integrations.
- Advise internal clients on legal issues and risks relevant to WebMD's business, including online advertising.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance on a broad range of litigation, compliance, privacy and regulatory matters.
- Support the ongoing improvement of standard form agreements, policies and legal processes.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications
JD or equivalent with a license in good standing to practice law in NY required.
Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge of U.S. and international privacy and data protection laws and regulations (e.g., HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA) is desired but not required.
3-5 years of experience in a major law firm working on a variety of corporate matters is preferred.
Ability to think strategically and provide business-practical legal advice and solutions.
Ability to balance competing priorities in a high volume work environment.
Ability to work independently.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.