Law Clerk at Amex
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
How will you make an impact in this role?
Role & Responsibilities:
As part of the Global Litigation and Investigations Team (GLIT), this colleague will provide support to the GLIT Program Management Office and his/her duties may include the following:
- Handle daily intake of service of process intake and related inquiries
- Prepare or support the preparation of GLIT reports and related reporting requirements
- Manage various GLIT inboxes, process incoming mail and reroutes
- Manage attorney calendars as required
- Manage and update GLIT colleague data base and perform any associated tasks
- Set up cases in case management system
- Support audit processes
- Manage incoming invoices and process check requests and any perform any follow ups
- Prepare legal correspondence, labels, and any associated tasks as directed
- Conduct research for customer or merchant accounts and retrieve documents as required
- Support quality program, procedure development, reporting and colleague training
- Support legal order process development for new product implementation
- Support all aspects of Program Management Office work as assigned or required
- Associates Degree in Legal Studies or Criminal Justice or a related field preferred
- At least 2+ years as a legal assistant in a litigation in a law firm, corporation or government agency environment
- Experience working with litigation dockets
- Experience and understanding of litigation and/or regulatory processes that permits substantive attorney and paralegal interaction
- Knowledge of legal terminology and ability to apply this knowledge to daily work
- Sense of urgency and ability to discern critical matters
- Computer skills with strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to work independently and as a team player
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail, able to analyze and problem solve
- Able to quickly train on, navigate, and extract information from a variety of databases and information platforms
- Able to work productively in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and responsibilities
- Excellent organization and time management skills
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Salary Range: $20.00 to $38.45 hourly + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected hourly pay range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- 6% Company Match on retirement savings plan
- Free financial coaching and financial well-being support
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- 20+ weeks paid parental leave for all parents, regardless of gender, offered for pregnancy, adoption or surrogacy
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
For a full list of Team Amex benefits, visit our Colleague Benefits Site.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “Know Your Rights” poster and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.