This job post is no longer available
Assistant General Counsel - Employment & Internal Investigations at GoDaddy
$160.000 - $240.000
26 Apr → 26 May
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This position may be a hybrid or fully remote position, as decided by your manager. If designated as hybrid, you’ll divide your time between working remotely from your home and an office location, so you should live within commuting distance. If designated as remote, you’ll be working remotely from your home and may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote designation.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team
GoDaddy is looking for an attorney to assist with and handle employment matters and projects, conduct internal investigations, manage employment litigation and outside counsel, and provide advice and support to our People Operations and business teams. This position will work with GoDaddy's People Operations, Payroll, Benefits, and Recruiting teams and other departments within the Company as necessary.
What you’ll get to do…
- Conduct investigations into allegations of serious violations of company policies in an efficient, thorough, and professional manner. Investigations will often involve sensitive subjects and will entail conducting investigations, reviewing legal and compliance guidelines, and finding, pulling, and using data from various systems as appropriate. You will partner with other members of the legal department, outside counsel, the Compliance team, and business leadership to ensure accurate and consistent outcomes.
- You are expected to exercise excellent judgment and discretion, and to provide analysis into complex and varied employee relations and compliance concerns, grounded in extensive knowledge of employment laws and in-depth reviews of company policies and procedures.
- You will author professional investigation reports in a timely manner and maintain well-organized and accurate case files.
- You will also engage in a strategy to craft and help implement proactive programs and plans to minimize risk to the Company.
- This role is imperative to promote consistency and fairness in all practices and further our values to ensure a positive work environment while mitigating risk for the organization.
- Lead, participate in, and provide guidance on People Operations functions from pre-hire to post-employment (and everything in between), such as employee relations, recruiting, training, performance management, discipline, adverse employment actions, payroll, benefits, employee leaves and requests for accommodations, immigration issues, and diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Guide and supervise employment litigation and other disputes on the company's behalf, including, but not limited to, investigating facts, formulating strategies, drafting and responding to discovery requests, preparing and reviewing other litigation documents, and managing outside counsel. You may also work with e-discovery tools to identify and disclose relevant documents and information.
- You may occasionally attend mediations and make appearances in court or before administrative agencies.
- You will discuss, draft, and implement policies, procedures, agreements, and written guidelines used by the company regarding employment practices.
- Assist in designing and implementing training regarding employment practices, policies, benefits, and procedures for a variety of audiences.
- Prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities while maintaining positive relationships with internal clients and partners.
- Flexibility with work hours for urgent issues, and to the situational needs and requirements of the workload—including for purposes of interviewing witnesses based on their shift schedules.
- Willingness to complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- You must strive for continuous improvement—identifying and making changes that deliver better outcomes.
Your experience should include...
- J.D. from an accredited law school with excellent academic qualifications required; law review and/or moot court team experience strongly preferred.
- Experience or study in Human Resources or related fields is preferred; SPHR or SHRM certification is also preferred.
- Active license to practice law, preferably in Arizona. California, Iowa, Massachusetts, Texas, and/or Washington license(s) are a plus.
- 8+ years of legal experience advising or litigating employment law is required; in-house experience is preferred.
- Experience conducting employment investigations is required.
- Extensive knowledge of federal and Arizona state employment laws and rules of civil procedure is required, as well as the ability to apply that knowledge expeditiously to specific situations.
- Ability to prioritize projects based on the level of risk
- Ability to Influence, often without formal decision-making authority, large cross-functional teams with varying priorities, subject matter expertise, and levels of experience.
- Ability to assess risk and proactively and creatively solve problems, mitigating risk while supporting business objectives.
- Excellent legal research and writing skills are required; attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with an ability to meet tight goals on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Self-motivation and diligence are key.
- Comfortable explaining legal principles to all levels of employees and management, including confidence advising executives
- Ability to handle sensitive situations tactfully yet firmly, to be assertive without being adversarial, and to take unpopular positions when necessary while maintaining trust and credibility.
- Capable of representing GoDaddy independently before third parties such as courts, administrative agencies, and regulators.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint is required.
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), which may vary depending on role and tenure, including paid time off, 401k, bonus eligibility, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Once approved, continue to have a side hustle if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected].
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R018482
GoDaddy's compensation is local to where you are and may vary based on an individual's qualifications at the time of the offer. The anticipated annual base salary ranges for select locations are listed below:
- California Bay Area, Santa Clara, San Francisco: $160000.00 - $240000.00
- Seattle, New York City: $148000.00 - $222000.00
- Los Angeles, San Diego: $133500.00 - $200500.00
- California State, Washington State, Colorado State: $120000.00 - $180000.00
To apply to this job, click Apply Now