Admissions Coordinator - Law School at Washington University in St. Louis
Washington University in St. Louis
St. Louis, MO, USA
13 Oct → 12 Nov
Position coordinates office functions, programs and schedules, provides administrative services, and performs specialized/technical duties with minimum supervision. Coordinates daily activities of the Career Center, administrative tasks and front desk responsibilities, computer support, file management, utilizes work study employees, and assists with implementing strategic plans. Source of information for prospective law students, alumni, and employers, acts as a liaison with student and alumni volunteers. Responsible for technical data management and support, including LSAC and other databases, social media platforms, university platforms, and more. Engaging and personable with visitors.
The salary range reflects base salaries paid for positions in a given job grade across the University. Individual rates within the range will be determined by factors including one's qualifications and performance, equity with others in the department, market rates for positions within the same grade and department budget.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. The screenings will include criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, an employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees. Benefits eligibility is subject to employment status, full-time equivalent (FTE) workload, and weekly standard hours. Please visit our website at https://hr.wustl.edu/benefits/ to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability status, protected veteran status, national or ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation. Women, minorities, protected veterans and the disabled are strongly encouraged to apply.
Washington University is dedicated to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment – fostering respect for all and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Individuals with a commitment to these values are encouraged to apply.
- Responsible for training the office on the most efficient use of databases.
- Utilizes other database applications such as Excel or Access when necessary.
- Defines and captures information, analyzes data, turns analysis into information that can be used to assist with marketing and research efforts as well as reporting.
- Implements systems for efficiency and accuracy.
- Effective customer service and a high level of professionalism is essential to the success of the office.
- Employee must have deep knowledge of the law school and prospective student questions.
- Employee must answer substantive questions from students, employers, and alumni to create a more efficient process (and allow other members of the team more time for more complicated questions).
- Must effectively multi-task front desk responsibilities and ensure that all front desk clerical functions are being completed by work study students, including clerical, telephone, complicated scheduling for approximately seven individuals, data entry, presentation preparation, training, workshop support, mass mailings, word processing, the Center’s inbox which includes a high level of knowledge to answer accurately.
- Implements systems for efficiency and accuracy.
- Implements and maintains an accurate, consistent, efficient, and easily understood electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies and office accounting needs.
- Responsible for planning individualize visits for prospective students and supporting all new initiatives and projects.
Requirements / Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree and three years’ experience.
Experience with Microsoft Windows Office suite including report writing and file merging.
Prior experience editing and creating content.
Prior experience creating web content.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including excel.
Proficiency with ACT.
Demonstrated ability to quickly and accurately learn new software.
Excellent Access and Power Point knowledge.
Manage knowledge and information via online databases, collaborative technologies, and web-based services.
Ability to accurately work with numbers and formulas.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Ability to organize and prioritize.
Ability to be proactive and problem-solving with good judgement.
Ability to work as part of a team.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
Three years of relevant experience .
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs