Trainee Patent Attorney at Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick
Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick
Melbourne VIC, Australia
12 Oct → 11 Nov
POF is currently offering an exciting opportunity for a degree-qualified Mechanical Engineer to commence their patent career as a Trainee Patent Attorney. This full-time role will give an individual the opportunity to learn from, and work alongside, our team of experienced engineering professionals, based in our Melbourne Office.
Applicants must be willing to further their knowledge and complete a Masters of Intellectual Property, which will be fully supported by POF.
- Drafting and prosecuting patent applications in Australia and internationally,
- Preparing high quality written and verbal IP advice in a timely manner,
- Patent portfolio management for local and international clients,
- Preparing and delivering presentations internally and externally
- Participating in networking events, seminars and business development activities.
Requirements / Qualifications
an undergraduate degree (or higher) in mechanical engineering
strong analytical and problem-solving abilities,
exceptional technical knowledge
an eye for detail
excellent written and verbal communication skills
advanced Computer skills and database researching skills
business acumen and willingness to engage with existing and prospective clients
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.