This job post is no longer available
Patent Counsel at Pardes Biosciences
$100.000 - $140.000
13 Oct → 12 Nov
Pardes Biosciences is an agile biopharmaceutical company committed to solving some of the world's most pressing public health challenges. Pardes leverages structure-based drug design and a tunable, reversible covalent chemistry platform for novel drug discovery.
The company's lead product candidate, PBI-0451, is being developed as a potential direct-acting, oral antiviral drug to treat and prevent SARS-CoV-2 infections. PBI-0451 is designed to inhibit the coronavirus main protease, an essential protein for SARS-CoV-2. This protease is highly similar across all coronaviruses, including emerging coronavirus variants. Pardes Biosciences is headquartered in Carlsbad CA.
This position may be based in San Francisco or San Diego, California. Initially the role will be remote.
We are looking for applicants with an established track record of high achievement, self-motivation, professionalism, reliability and excellent organizational skills.
Travel is not anticipated, but you should be open to limited travel if required.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Pardes Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Pardes Biosciences and do not obligate Pardes Biosciences to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.
- Builds strategic, global, intellectual property portfolios to support business strategy.
- Partners effectively with relevant stakeholders at all levels of the organization and across all phases of research, development & commercialization to identify new intellectual property and secure protection on existing inventions to provide clear, relevant business counseling aligned with company strategy.
- Leads outside counsel and research and development team in the drafting and prosecution of pharmaceutical patent applications, primarily related to small molecules.
- Proactively analyzes risks and develops sound strategic and tactical approaches/solutions with appropriate consideration of business objectives and the environment.
- Advises team and senior management about exclusivity, freedom to operate, due diligence, contract, licensing, and litigation risks.
- Provides technical and patent research analysis.
- Conducts patent landscape/freedom to operate analysis.
- Conducts clearance and diligence on emerging technology, new products, collaborations and strategic transactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications
Bachelor's degree or higher in a scientific field that together with prior work experience, provides sufficient background for effective communication with scientists and management about scientific aspects of discovery, development, and commercialization of small molecule products.
Doctor of Jurisprudence (J.D.) degree from an accredited U.S. institution.
Presently admitted to practice law in at least one US jurisdiction and presently licensed to represent clients in patent matters before the USPTO.
Minimum of four years of post-JD experience as a patent attorney in a law firm or pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry preparing and prosecuting patent applications relating to small molecules patent applications.
Experience in the pharmaceutical industry in a scientific position in drug discovery or development role or with role involving significant expertise with and knowledge of drug discovery and development and/or with patent litigation relating to pharmaceutical products.
Detailed-oriented with a high level of intellectual, professional and interpersonal agility and flexibility, combined with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Strong communication and follow-up skills.
Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
Ability to drive projects with little guidance or direction.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs