This job post is no longer available
Commercial Real Estate and Transactional Attorney at Chambliss, Bahner & Stophel, P.C.
Chambliss, Bahner & Stophel, P.C.
$56.000 - $89.000
26 Apr → 26 May
We are seeking a commercial transactional attorney to join our collaborative and talented team. This attorney will have the opportunity to continue growing their practice while benefiting from an already established list of clients. The successful candidate will have at least 3-4 years of experience as an attorney with transactional commercial real estate experience in some or all of the following areas: organizational structuring, financing/investment, VC arrangements, leasing, land use and zoning, acquisitions/dispositions, construction, commercial lending, and tax.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Draft and negotiate leases, purchase and sale agreements, letters of intent, easements, covenants, and restriction agreements (or similar title agreements), amendments to any of the foregoing, etc. for commercial real estate transactions.
- Engage in due diligence related to real estate transactions and otherwise shepherd a deal from agreement to closing, including tracking critical dates, reviewing title and survey and environmental reports, and preparing and negotiating closing documents.
- Facilitate closings and complete post-closing documentation and administration.
- Draft and review complex operating agreements or bylaws, shareholders’ agreements, property management agreements, master service and service level agreements, indemnity agreements, and other client contracts.
- Coordinate with other team members, including attorneys, paralegals and staff members.
- Effectively organize and maintain client files.
Skills and Competencies
- Minimum 3 to 4+ years job experience as an attorney with commercial and transactional experience.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively advocate for and work with various types of clients is vital.
- Willing to pitch in, collaborate, and support growing legal department in a fast-paced growing environment.
- Able to problem solve, resolve, and close open issues and assist staff and colleagues with resolving issues that arise.
- Skilled at meeting strict deadlines under significant time pressure.
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively and independently, and balance conflicting priorities.
With client service being a critical focus for the firm, the candidate will be expected to provide top-notch service, including thoughtful and responsive guidance to clients and an excellent work product. In addition, we expect a high level of professionalism, integrity, and ability to work with a dynamic, collaborative, and high-performing team. We place a large emphasis on our culture and providing an innovative, fun, and collaborative work environment.