Regional Lead Transportation - Maritime & Coastal at GHD
Irvine, CA, USA
$110.000 - $150.000
08 Oct → 07 Nov
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is looking for an experienced Sr. Port and Maritime Professional to join our Maritime and Coastal (M&C) practice and can be located anywhere in the West Region . As a Senior Professional, you will primarily provide leadership within a growing team, market intelligence in the Ports and Maritime sector, business development leadership and support, technical guidance, and project delivery for waterfront projects in California, Oregon, Washington and the Pacific. This is a rewarding opportunity to demonstrate your industry knowledge, be involved in challenging projects, provide technical solutions and mentor other professionals.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
- Assist with market planning and strategy for the Ports and Maritime sector, including within the larger transportation, water and energy strategy for GHD
- Create new client opportunities for M&C and assist in the nurturing of existing clients
- Lead business development initiatives that further the growth of M&C
- Stay current and informed on M&C market trends, client spending, assets, resiliency and logistics
- Involve yourself in local committees, action groups and special interest organizations, with a view towards furthering opportunities and brand recognition for GHD
- Assist in the identification and hiring of key future M&C hires
- Lead and assist in M&C pursuits, both in West region, and where needed, across the M&C global practice
- Lead and support M&C project delivery
- Provide technical guidance to the M&C group on Ports and Maritime projects
- Assist in driving workshare across regions and help coordinate work with cross-discipline teams on other market sector projects
- Provide mentorship within M&C
Requirements / Qualifications
Bachelor degree with an emphasis in Civil, Marine, Coastal or Structural Engineering preferred, Masters preferred
15+ years of previous experience in the Ports and Maritime industry
Preferred to have PE in California
Good communication skills & a motivated attitude. Ability to communicate with a diverse range of professionals from engineers to stakeholders and clients, in person and remotely
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
High ethical standards and a commitment to safety - willingness to travel (if necessary)
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs