Investigator, Maritime Safety at Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group
421 8th Ave, New York, NY 10001, USA
$57.000 - $71.000
08 Oct → 07 Nov
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
We know there's a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions.
Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We'll hope to see you onboard soon.
- Work independently in planning and conducting corporate and shipboard investigations identifying clear root and contributory causes as required.
- Respond to incidents and investigations, occasionally outside of normal business hours, on holidays and weekends when required.
- Proactively suggest ways to improve operational safety and efficiency.
- Deploy and travel for incident response on short notice (US and International)
- Facilitate successful shipboard incident response through sound decision making, effective communication and strong leadership.
- Employ appropriate interview techniques to gather evidence at all levels of shipboard employees.
- Ensure the timely documentation and regulatory reporting of shipboard maritime accidents in support of company policy and the IMO, Flag and Class accident reporting requirements. Assist the vessel in documenting incidents and accidents.
- Work closely with local, state, federal and international organizations on matters relating to maritime accidents.
- Give testimony and act as expert witness before courts and administrative hearings on investigative results when needed.
- Act as internal expert on accidents and present facts to upper management.
- Actively develop procedures, handbooks, training manuals and related material covering a variety of investigative techniques and programs.
- Design, develop and present training to groups of employees (shoreside and shipboard) in a public speaking forum.
- Meet with external authorities to discuss circumstances and facts surrounding investigations.
- Identify potential risk through incident response oversight and guide shipboard safety personnel in the development of prevention strategies.
- Help develop statistics and strategies based on trends identified from past investigative efforts.
- Participate as directed on focus and work groups and support agenda items by providing historical insight from past investigations.
- Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- In addition to the normal work schedule, the position will require 24 hour on call duty as needed.
Requirements / Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in a maritime related degree program.
At least 5 years of maritime operational or investigative experience; seagoing experience as deck or engine officer, in the cruise industry preferred.
2 years of management experience preferred.
Proven interview skills required.
Strong understanding of international cruise ship regulatory requirements (SOLAS, MARPOL, Flag and Port State etc).
Experience in development and implementation of safety prevention programs.
Proven track record of effectively conducting complex investigations with the ability to professionally communicate the findings orally and in writing.
Willing to work office hours, 5 days a week with potential for flexible time based on 24 hour on call requirement.
Strong writing and organizational skills required.
Self-starter with confidence to interact professionally at all levels of shipboard and shoreside employees during investigation.
Ability to effectively and diplomatically communicate decisions and guidance.
Will exhibit mature, responsible decision-making, problem solving and proven judgment skills.
High level of tact, diplomacy, and independent judgment on actions of a highly confidential and sensitive nature and a detailed understanding of policies and procedures.
Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate in a multicultural environment with all levels of employees and management.
Self-driven to continually improve and actively works to bridge gaps in their knowledge in order to add more value to a particular project or setting.
Innovative and process driven individual who thrives on continual improvement.
Capable of working independently and within a team, regardless of setting.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and priorities.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures manual with the appropriate attention to details.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Working knowledge of MS Office applications and shipboard systems such as VDR, CCTV, ECDIS and machinery automation systems.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs