Law Clerk at Farmers Insurance Group
Farmers Insurance Group
$49.000 - $66.000
07 Oct → 06 Nov
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Conducts legal research, assembles case materials, writes research memos and drafts, pleadings and motions under the guidance and mentorship of an Attorney or Supervising Attorney. Supports attorneys by assembling and organizing information for legal documents. Generally works on a part time basis approximately 20 hours per week.
This is a remote position supporting our litigation team that handles cases venued in Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties!
Sits or stands for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Occasionally reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Occasionally moves, lifts, carries, and places objects and supplies weighing 0-10 pounds without assistance. Listens to, interprets, and differentiates auditory information (e.g. others speaking) at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Visually verifies and reads information. Visually locates material, resources and other objects. Ability to continuously operate a computer for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate keyboard and other office equipment up to a full work shift.
This position operates in an open office working environment which will include normal and customary distractions, noise, and interruptions.
- Research laws, court decisions, documents, opinions, briefs, or other information related to cases.
- Analyze legal issues and apply appropriate legal principles to determine applicable defenses, relevant arguments and litigation strategy.
- Prepare briefs, legal memoranda, or statements of issues involved in cases, including appropriate suggestions or recommendations.
- Review complaints, petitions or motions that have been filed to determine issues involved.
- Prepare responsive pleadings and correspondence as appropriate.
- Assist and provide trial attorney support in preparing trial/mediation/arbitration documents and binders.
- Attend court sessions, depositions, mediations and trials to hear oral arguments and document necessary case information.
Requirements / Qualifications
Bachelors Degree required.
Second or third year law student with an interest in civil litigation, personal injury or insurance defense required.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.