This job post is no longer available
Digital Communications Coordinator at Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
$60.000 - $82.000
27 Apr → 27 May
The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law is one of the nation’s leading civil rights legal organizations. Formed in 1963 at the direction of President John F. Kennedy, the Lawyers’ Committee uses legal advocacy to achieve racial justice, fighting inside and outside the courts to ensure that Black people and other people of color have the voice, opportunity, and power to make the promises of our democracy real.
The Lawyers’ Committee is poised to build the largest Communications team in the organization’s history, adding significant capacity by hiring a number of full-time employees and engaging expert consultants to amplify the work of our staff and the communities we serve, engage new audiences, and influence public discourse and narratives about racial justice issues impacting Black people and other people of color.
To advance this work, the Lawyers’ Committee seeks a skilled and creative professional to serve as its Digital Communications Coordinator. The person in the Digital Communications Coordinator role will implement the organization’s digital strategy on multiple platforms. The Digital Communications Coordinator will handle the day-to-day development and delivery of content on digital platforms, including e-mail, social media, and digital marketing platforms (paid advertising) and website.
Social media efforts will include drafting/creating, editing, scheduling, and posting organic content for the organization’s social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn. This also encompasses monitoring performances of posts to ensure best practices and creating future approaches and providing input to social media campaign plans and strategy.
This position will report to the Director of Digital Communications, when hired, and will coordinate closely with other staff in the Communications department, as well as colleagues throughout the organization.
- Implement comprehensive and strategic digital engagement, social media marketing, and engagement programs across all digital channels, from paid advertising to social media to web to digital design, to serve the organization’s mission and help achieve the goals in our strategic plan.
- Serve as the daily steward of the organization’s social media profiles, including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube and monitor the performance of posts to ensure best practices are being maintained.
- Work across project teams to educate team leaders and members on digital engagement best practices.
- Monitor social media for what is “trending” and provide pro-active and re-active ideas for response to the social conversation for the Director of Digital Communications.
- Collaborate with program staff and managers to develop consumable content that furthers organizational goals, including but not limited to graphics and videos.
- Develop organic content and execute social media posts across all platforms, ensuring that all geotags, captions, and necessary hashtags are included.
- Create compelling social media graphics.
- Work collaboratively across organizational departments to create and nurture a unique voice and identity for the Lawyers’ Committee on social media in a way that aligns with strategic priorities, ensuring a more cohesive brand identity and a steady stream of engaging content to dramatically increase our social media base, engagement, and reach.
- Track enterprise-level measurement, analytics, and reporting methods to gauge the success of digital and social media communication tactics; reports high-level takeaways to senior leadership and interprets results to Lawyers’ Committee staff.
- Build relationships throughout the organization, partnering with various departments to help translate their goals into actionable and strategic digital engagement campaigns.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated commitment to racial justice and racial equity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience required.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience with successfully supporting an organization or campaign’s social media efforts.
- Demonstrated record of creative thinking to reach new audiences.
- Knowledge and facility with web and graphic design required.
- A demonstrated understanding of graphics, design, and video software (photoshop and other video creation and editing platforms).
- An understanding of the basic tools of digital communications and literacy in all relevant platforms.
- Solid experience and proven success using paid advertising, specifically in Facebook Ads Manager and Google Adwords.
- Ability to develop and test messaging, identifying, and deploying tools and software to track quantitative and qualitative metrics and key milestones that demonstrate the performance and effectiveness of digital strategies.
- Excellent writing skills and strong communications experience with an ability to adeptly distill research and complex ideas into poignant social media-length language, develop digital marketing strategies, and take digital storytelling to the next level.
- Great attention to detail with a solid performance in producing materials under deadline and without errors.
- Ability to complete tasks while retaining a focus on achieving ambitious overarching goals.
- A history of tracking and presenting analytics to inform strategy and decisions.
- Experience with social media listening platforms, design, and video software (photoshop and other video creation and editing platforms), and project management software, including Asana is a plus
- Proficiency in HTML and experience with WordPress or a similar content management system.
- Experience executing coordinated digital campaigns on owned channels, including working with e-mail software
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines by maintaining a high level of organization and managing time effectively.
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and manage productive relationships with staff members across departments and at varying levels of management an frontline staff.
- Excellent listening skills. Ability to exhibit skills of diplomacy.
- Ability to work productively as part of a team and individually as well as with a wide array of people throughout the organization
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume, including graduation completion dates. No calls will be accepted. The position will remain open until filled, and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Salary and benefits are competitive for a nonprofit legal organization. Staff Benefits include Employer Sponsored (Medical, Dental, and Group Life & AD&D); Voluntary Benefits (Vision Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Supplemental Life) coverage; the opportunity to participate in the 403(b) Retirement Plan, Voluntary Flexible Spending (Medical and Dependent Care) and Stipends (Cell Phone and Commuter/Parking Benefits); 12 paid Holidays; and Vacation/Sick days.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:The Lawyers’ Committee embraces diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We strongly encourage candidates of color and candidates from underrepresented communities to apply. The Lawyers’ Committee does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibility, personal appearance, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other status protected under law.
Accessibility Assistance:Although calls will not be accepted regarding questions about the position, if you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application, please call 202-662-8600 and ask for an applicant accommodation; send an email with the subject line “Applicant Accommodation” to[email protected].