This job post is no longer available
Associate Counsel, Marketing at Vanguard
Malvern, PA 19355, USA
$150.000 - $210.000
06 Oct → 05 Nov
Vanguard is seeking an attorney for its Associate Counsel, Marketing position to partner with Retail, Brand, Institutional, Financial Advisor Services and International Marketing and Corporate Communications Teams as well as our Advertising Compliance group. An attorney will provide legal advice on a broad spectrum of marketing, advertising, brand management and policy issues, including product claims and substantiation, brand campaigns, digital marketing, affiliate and affinity marketing arrangements, testimonial and endorsement campaigns, and co-marketing partnerships. Attorney also will support negotiations with mar tech and ad tech vendors, draft policies and legal guidance, and conduct legal compliance training.
Working closely with IP legal, privacy legal, product counsel, compliance and other subject matter experts, the attorney will advise Marketing and Corporate Communications on regulatory compliance challenges impacting Vanguard’s promotion of its advice services and a suite of financial services products.
- Advise on marketing campaigns at their inception to ensure campaigns comply with all policies, practices and relevant laws and regulations, including FINRA marketing regulations.
- Provide legal advice with respect to FINRA and other regulatory inquiries on Vanguard marketing materials.
- Advise Corporate Communications on PR issues and assist with positioning of content.
- Serve as a legal resource for Vanguard’s Advertising Compliance Group.
- Provide legal advice on all aspects of Vanguard’s use of social media, including disclosure requirements and testimonial and endorsement guidelines.
- Provide thought leadership and draft regulatory comment letters related to FINRA advertising and other regulatory rules.
- Conduct privacy assessments on digital marketing campaigns, including relationships with adtech and martech vendors and data partnerships.
- Stay abreast of industry and regulatory developments affecting Vanguard, and maintain affiliations with relevant industry, compliance, and risk associations.
- Maintain a high level of expertise in advertising regulatory law, Vanguard's business and products, and the investment industry.
Requirements / Qualifications
Minimum seven years relevant professional experience
Law degree (JD)
In-house experience required
Demonstrated ability to influence business leaders and impact decision-making
Demonstrated track record of providing business-focused solutions that combine excellent judgment, creativity, risk-taking, and technical expertise
Demonstrated expertise in the use of data and digital marketing trends
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.