Assistant Professor - Law at Nova Southeastern University
Nova Southeastern University
Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
$42.000 - $52.000
06 Oct → 05 Nov
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
Sensitivity Disclaimer: Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
- Be prepared for class, keep the students informed of any current changes in law, and be available to the students outside class.
- Select or prepare class materials that are relevant and informative, using computer technology and emphasizing lawyering skills as appropriate.
- Teach all classes and write and grade the examinations or other student work.
- Routinely conduct research, produce, and publish thoughtful law review articles (or similar written work) that contribute to the legal community.
- Service to the Law Center, the University, and the community is another important aspect of a Professor's duties and responsibilities: a. Service to the Law Center includes serving as an Advisor to a select portion of the student body and, if requested, to a student organization; chairing or participating in one or more committees; and helping foster a collegial, challenging academic atmosphere among students and faculty. b. Service to the University includes serving on a University committee and delivering lectures in other programs. c. Service to the community includes serving as a member of a Bar committee, participating in non-profit organizations, and giving speeches to various organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Requirements / Qualifications
Graduate of an ABA-approved law school (or comparable foreign law school) with a Juris Doctorate Degree.
Experience either teaching at another law school, clerking for a judge, or practicing law (in unusual cases, a LL.M degree can be substituted for practice experience).
The number of years experience required depends on the position level (Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor) being sought.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.