This job post is no longer available
Corporate Counsel - Marketing at Snowflake
Bellevue, WA, USA
$170.000 - $240.000
05 Oct → 04 Nov
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
We are looking for an experienced, creative and pragmatic problem solver like yourself to serve as Corporate Counsel - Marketing in a growing, world-class legal team.
This role will partner with teams across Snowflake to build, enhance, and run a wide range of processes to support the Snowflake Marketing Team. You will report to Snowflake’s Senior Director, Product & IP.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
- Work collaboratively with marketing and brand teams in support of initiatives and campaigns, educating business and legal partners on legal requirements for advertising campaigns and conducting legal reviews of marketing and publicity materials.
- Partner with the marketing and communications teams to review materials for content clearance (e.g., blog posts, press releases, white papers, event presentations, and strategic initiatives).
- Provide advice on legal issues during the marketing of new products and features.
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts, including sponsorships, publicity releases, and co-marketing partnership deals.
- Advise on best practices for marketing activities, contests, promotions, events, and draft applicable terms and conditions.
- Draft, review and edit promotional offer terms and web forms, and user terms and conditions for our websites and marketing programs.
- Work cross-functionally within the legal team and the broader organization, including privacy, compliance, security and compliance, intellectual property, and sales and sales operations.
- Provide sound, practical advice and guidance on legal and business-related issues to senior business leaders.
Requirements / Qualifications
JD from an accredited law school, membership in at least one accredited bar, and the right to practice in either Georgia or Washington state.
5+ years of relevant experience.
General knowledge of IP law and worldwide data privacy regulations.
Experience and strong understanding of software, software development, and technology.
Exceptional organizational, project management, and prioritization skills to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
An inclination to jump in and address issues while exercising sound judgment and including appropriate stakeholders when necessary.
Innate curiosity, desire and ability to learn rapidly, and resiliency and comfort serving as a trusted business partner.
Outstanding written and oral communications skills.
Ability to explain complicated concepts in simple terms.
Attitude that no project is too big or too small.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs