In-House Counsel at VPX Sports
Weston, FL, USA
$84.000 - $110.000
04 Oct → 03 Nov
Bang Energy Performance Beverages and Sports Nutrition has been producing epic innovations for 27 years. We engage in an unrelenting pursuit to create trendsetting appearance and performance enhancing inventions. Our sports nutrition and beverage innovations are backed by 27 double-blind placebo controlled Gold Standard University studies. Likewise, our marketing and distribution has been discussed for its excellence by such prestigious news outlets as Forbes and Wells Fargo. We are hiring super creative, ultra-positive and high-energy professionals to drive our vision to serve the entire world cutting edge health promoting beverages and nutrition! We are top sellers in iconic retailers such as 7 Eleven, Publix, Walmart, and are the #1 selling beverage of all time in the world’s largest health food retailers: GNC and Vitamin Shoppe.
- The candidate will be reviewing, drafting, and negotiating contracts related to, among other things, distribution and manufacturing of beverage and sports nutrition goods, licensing, marketing, products, and professional services.
- Review legal matters potentially affecting the company and provide guidance to senior management and company’s General Counsel and Associate General Counsel.
- Advise executives on contract status, legal risks and business terms of various deals.
- Ensure legal objectives are met.
- Research unique legal issues impacting the organization by identifying applicable statutes, judicial decisions, and codes.
- The candidate will be reporting directly to the company’s General Counsel.
Requirements / Qualifications
Must have a J.D. degree from an ABA-approved law school and be an active member and in good standing with the Florida Bar and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Should have at 4 to 6 years of significant litigation and corporate transactional experience gained in large law firm and/or as an in-house attorney with a large company.
Must have solid litigation skills and trial experience handling commercial disputes, anti-trust matters (preferred), and collection matters.
Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues.
Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the organization’s Legal Department and across all businesses.
Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
Experience in the beverage or food industry is a plus.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.