Senior Manager, International Tax Planning and Tax Counsel at Toyota
Plano, TX, USA
$120.000 - $160.000
01 Oct → 31 Oct
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world's most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We're looking for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow. with us.
Who We're Looking For
Toyota's TMNA Accounting and Finance Department is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Senior Manager, International Tax Planning and Tax Counsel.
The primary responsibility of this “Director Level” role is to manage internal tax planning, transfer pricing and tax audit teams; use of external tax counsel, external tax planning resources including accounting firms; and to be the TMNA tax representative to tax committees in various tax trade groups and their tax committees such as Autos Drive America, Tax Executives Institute, Organization for International Investment, and National Association for Manufacturers for all North American based Toyota sales, manufacturing and research functions.
Reporting to the Executive – Group Manager – Tax, the Senior Manager – Tax Planning and Tax Counsel is typically the "face" of tax advice and tax recommendations to major business partners inside the company (Finance Director, Treasury Leader, Legal, Human Resources and Corporate Strategy) and to federal, state, local and international tax agencies.
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities.
Belonging At Toyota
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10+ different Business Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter locations that support team members' efforts to dream, do and grow without questioning that they belong. As a company that has been one of DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and woman-owned suppliers for over 10 years, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.
Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.
- Manage the success of North American federal, state, and local tax planning strategies, transfer pricing policies, and state and local tax incentives
- Retain outside tax counsel or external accounting firms as needed for transfer pricing, tax audits, appeals, and planning
- Stay connected and informed regarding new or changing business developments that may impact the tax environment
- Manage tax incentives including coordination with senior Toyota management regarding public Toyota tax lobbying initiatives
- Overall responsibility for TMNA successful completion of IRS and state examinations
- Responsible for coordination of activities and staff development of direct reports, including Tax Audits manager with a senior tax accountant and the international Tax Planning and Transfer Pricing manager
- Manage the coordination of global transfer pricing efforts and strategies which require close coordination at a Toyota worldwide level, including Toyota Japan, Toyota Europe, and all Toyota North American affiliates
- Closely monitor federal, state, location, and international tax legislative and regulatory developments
- Approve FIN48 calculations and related financial statement disclosures and assist in overall accounting for income tax (tax provision) quarterly and yearend efforts
Requirements / Qualifications
Substantial experience in large to medium size corporate tax department
Public accounting audit/tax experience and public accounting tax senior manager level experience including significant experience with accounting for income taxes and international tax issues
Juris Doctor (Tax LLM preferred) and bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business
Demonstrated strong analytical and negotiation skills
Ability to work collaboratively and independently across all levels of the company and business units
Extensive working knowledge of transfer pricing
Strong Microsoft office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
Experience with Tax Provisions
Added Bonus If You Have - Ability to create executive level presentations
Benefits/What We offer
A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
Vehicle purchase & lease programs
Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
Paid holidays and paid time off
Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, childcare, schools and more
Flexible spending accounts
Relocation assistance (if applicable)
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs