Faculty Assistant - Law School at St. John's University
St. John's University
Queens, NY, USA
$33.000 - $44.000
30 Sep → 30 Oct
St. John’s established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; a graduate center in Hauppauge, NY; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University’s outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John’s University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John’s is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. As noted in our Vision Statement, our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world.
The Faculty Assistant provides administrative and clerical support to Law School Faculty members in association with their responsibilities
St. John’s offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John’s performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John’s University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John’s University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Provide excellent customer service support to Law School faculty Produce a variety of documents (i.e. exams, papers, letters, memoranda, articles, etc.)
- Prepare seating charts, class rosters, signature sheets and flashcards Open and disseminate mail, respond to invitations, advertisements Organize and maintain files
- Prepare travel and expense vouchers and arrange transportation for guests Plan, schedule, and organize meetings, competitions and/or events including preparation of all necessary materials
- Prepare agendas for meetings Create and maintain databases Coordinate conference calls Update brochures and handbooks Update and post articles to SSRN
- Maintain faculty affiliated pages on website with the content management tool Work closely with Special Events and Creative Services departments in connection with marketing and communication materials
- Provide online research for guest speakers' biographies
- Act as communication liaison between faculty and various internal and external contacts
- Additional projects as assigned
Requirements / Qualifications
1- 5 years working experience in an administrative support capacity within a professional environment.
Excellent, computer and typing skills
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written Self-motivated and self-directed
Strong organizational and planning skills, including ability to multi task Detail-oriented with a sense of creativity
Ability to effectively communicate with faculty and administration
Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications: Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word
Knowledge of Word Perfect, Adobe Pro, Readris
Proficient use of internet and E-mail
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs