This job post is no longer available
Law Clerk at Burger Law Group PLLC
Burger Law Group PLLC
08 Apr → 08 May
Boutique law firm with employee rights practice with offices in Saratoga Springs, NY and Boston, MA seeks a law clerk. The office handles employment-related matters of all types with a focus on cases involving claims of discrimination, equal pay, retaliation, harassment, and unpaid wages.
As a law clerk with Burger Law Group PLLC you will work on a variety of matters, but primarily employment law litigation and will assist in drafting legal memoranda, pleadings, discovery and correspondence. You may also assist with the intake process and meet with potential clients.
The position is part time, but may be full time for recent graduates. No minimum billable hour requirements and work-life balance will be respected. However, longer than usual hours will sometimes be necessary to meet court deadlines or for hearings and trials. The position is primarily remote.
Law Clerk Job Duties:
- Prepare legal drafts by assembling and organizing information for legal forms and documents, including complaints, declarations, discovery requests, responses, and other pleadings.
- Research law by studying laws, statutes, constitutions, regulations, court opinions, including precedents and reasoning, and trends using standard print texts and computers; preparing legal memoranda.
- Assemble case materials by collecting, organizing, and summarizing information, documents, reports, and evidence.
- Prepare for trial by preparing trial briefs, exhibits, subpoenas, evidence, and motions.
- Maintain calendar by entering and updating requirements, court dates, and meetings.
- Protect law firm’s reputation by keeping client information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing educational opportunities; reading legal publications; maintaining personal networks.
- 2L, 3L law student or recent law school graduate
- Expertise in written and verbal communication
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Excellent organization and scheduling skills
- Ability to perform a wide range of clerical duties including maintaining files
- Discretion and an ability to handle confidential information
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Legal research skills
- Client Confidentiality
To apply send resume, cover letter, and writing sample. Applications will be held in confidence.
Burger Law Group, PLLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under law, including but not limited to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability status.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $30.00 - $40.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Choose your own hours
Work Location: One location