Intellectual Property Attorney at Intuitive
Sunnyvale, CA, USA
$140.000 - $190.000
29 Sep → 29 Oct
At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes us unique.
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help solve some of healthcare’s complex challenges.
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere—inclusion and mutual respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients.
Together, let’s help to advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
As an Intellectual Property Attorney Paralegal, you will manage and protect the company’s intellectual property assets, oversee outside counsel and foreign associates, advise business and project teams on intellectual property matters. You will also support transactional, business development, and assertion activities as appropriate.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
- Collaborating closely with engineers and others in the company to protect the company’s intellectual property.
- Leading invention identification meetings, reviewing invention disclosures for decisions on IP actions, and directing invention disclosure meetings.
- Managing a substantial invention and international patent portfolio in designated technology areas.
- Overseeing and instructing outside counsel and foreign associates, including substantive spot-drafting and reviews.
- Counseling the company on patent and trade secret matters.
- Advising the company on other IP matters, such as those related to: copyrights, open source software, trademarks, designs, etc.
- Supporting IP due diligence, transactional, licensing, and litigation activities as needed.
- Leading or supporting special projects as needed, such as: reviewing or revamping the company’s inventor remuneration programs, developing or maintaining agreements, supporting IP infrastructure development or improvement, etc.
Requirements / Qualifications
Juris Doctorate. Registered with the USPTO. Member of the California bar or eligible to be Registered In-House Counsel (RIHC).
Minimum 7 years of experience in patent preparation and prosecution, including working with PCT and non-U.S. jurisdictions.
Strong engineering background (mechanical engineering or electrical engineering preferred, hands-on engineering experience preferred)
Self-starter with strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Able to accurately prioritize and multi-task to complete projects smoothly and on-time.
Excellent organizational skills, time-management ability, attention to detail, and drive
Excellent interpersonal skills who helps to foster a collaborative culture and who thrives in a team environment.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.