Legal and Compliance Assistant at 360 Behavioral Health
360 Behavioral Health
Chatsworth, Los Angeles, CA, USA
$61.000 - $80.000
28 Sep → 28 Oct
Drawing on 19 years of acclaimed clinical expertise, our organization includes Behavior Respite in Action (BRIA) and California Psychcare (CPC). Each brings the expertise clients and families require to function more effectively in their natural environments, and opportunities for you to be part of something truly amazing.
We are looking for a legal and compliance assistant who is adept in driving tasks to completion and demonstrates the ability to collect, edit, and synthesize information in helping the business in responding to legal matters. The person in this role will work primarily with the Company’s legal counsel and will have an opportunity to learn and advance their career as the Company grows.
Must demonstrate the ability to do the following:
- Work independently and receive feedback well
- Exceptional attention to detail, and follow-up skills
- Highly organized
- Reason logically and analyze situations accurately to recommend next steps
- Effectively prioritize workflow and multi-task
- Flexibility, and the ability to shift directions as needed
- Proactive approach to problem solving and all tasks
- Ability to maintain absolute integrity of confidential information
- Some OT and travel may be required.
- Must possess excellent grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Formats and edits letters, reports, presentations, charts, summaries, and all other correspondence from draft to final form
- Provides timely and accurate support in compiling and responding to requests for records, including, subpoenas, audits, discovery, and other legal matters
- Reviews legal documents, policies, procedures, forms, and other records for accuracy, and edits accordingly
- Displays a high level of commitment, and ensures projects, requests, and other demands are met in a timely fashion. Prioritizes tasks accordingly with minimal follow-up needed.
- Performs administrative duties, including organization of files, tracking of action items, and travel/calendar management
- Acts as a project leader, such as monitoring and managing action items from meetings to ensure responsible parties complete tasks according to deadlines
- Assists with corporate compliance matters including employment, HIPAA, OSHA, intellectual property, corporate structure, mergers & acquisitions, and real estate
- Researches, investigates, and gathers data from relevant sources to ensure tasks are completed properly and timely
- Maintains document filing system and templates, including record creation and retention
- Establishes effective communication and develops collaborative and productive relationships with customers, internal stakeholders, and teammates
- Manages incoming emails and requests in a timely manner. Will require the ability to resolve routine to moderately complex inquiries and knowledge of when to escalate.
- Formats and edits letters, reports, presentations, and all other correspondence from draft to final form
- Assesses current processes and systems to improve efficiency
- Supports and manages special projects, including by tracking milestones, deadlines, and following up with stakeholders
- Researches regulations, laws, and legal articles to assist with the preparation of documents and presentations
- Establishes and tracks key legal & compliance key performance indicators
- Investigates various matters as directed by Counsel surrounding an event or transaction and prepares associated documents displaying such information
Requirements / Qualifications
Associates or bachelor’s degree (preferred)
2-3 years in the legal industry or similar field/role (required)
Proven working experience as a legal assistant or legal secretary in either a law firm or corporate legal setting (preferred)
Ability to interpret contracts and other legal documents
Healthcare and compliance knowledge (required)
Solid understanding of basic legal terminology and general state and federal laws (required). Must be able to read and understand statutes, court decisions, legal documents, and similar material.
Experience with word, excel, legal research, and document management systems
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.